MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2014 1:15 PM  #1

Long bar peep

Pioneer Arms is coming out with this. Looks dead simple to make, but if the price it right and it fits the need, this might do for some folks.

http://pioneerarms.com/long_bar_peep_sight.html

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

9/04/2014 5:47 PM  #2

Re: Long bar peep

I started shooting this game with the long bar peep sights and just can't see any reason to spend any more money than that on a fancy peep sightit works well for me.I built mine super cheap

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

9/04/2014 9:07 PM  #3

Got any photos of your sight, Robin? Some of us are imagination challenged. 

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

9/05/2014 1:30 AM  #4

MMprwarner wrote:

I started shooting this game with the long bar peep sights and just can't see any reason to spend any more money than that on a fancy peep sightit works well for me.I built mine super cheap

robin -any idea what happened with the side barrel  clamp on peep sight paul made up,was ugly as sin but paul shot x s with it.
dag

9/05/2014 2:10 PM  #5

No Bob, I'm sorry I don't know what happened, that site. Paul and I were having a little contest between us to sue you could make the most ugly and inexpensive peep sight. As far as inexpensive it was about a draw. On the ugly side. Paul won hands down. I think I have some pictures of my sight. If not, I'll take one and try to get on here. They both work very well and we prove the point, we set out to prove that it would not take a high dollar peep sight to play the game by the way, in that little gadgets first incarnation it was literally taped to the gun with electrical tape.

These pictures are of one I built for Tim Shaul. When I built the one for my rifle which I'll have to take some pictures of. instead of just drilling the hole. I drilled and tapped it and used a screw in Aperture.

Last edited by MMprwarner (9/06/2014 7:22 AM)

Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

9/06/2014 11:43 AM  #6

This is what Mark came up with.

Last edited by MMprwarner (9/07/2014 9:07 AM)

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

11/14/2014 11:12 PM  #7

dag wrote:

MMprwarner wrote:

robin -any idea what happened with the side barrel  clamp on peep sight paul made up,was ugly as sin but paul shot x s with it.
dag

pauls wife said  paul gave most of his guns to his brother just before he died.itom probably has it, still laugh at the ugly sight contest. they were truely  butt ugly but after paul hammering 3 straight xs then quiting for the day-showed me at 30 yards did not need a super expensive adjustable sight.get out your book write it down  and  save  for the ages dag said he was wrong.
if you have pics of the original uglys please post .would make me smile
dag

Last edited by dag (11/14/2014 11:14 PM)

11/16/2014 12:15 AM  #8

I keep watching that sight of Mark's and waiting for it to spring up and down like a diving board!!
I like the sight you built for Tim Shaul. I'll tinker with that this winter. Screw in apperatures with different size holes would let you adjust for lighting differences, cloudy day vs bright sunshine!
Thanks for the pictures.

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

11/16/2014 12:55 AM  #9

Hi John,
I've used the rear sight pictured all season and to date there's been no springing problem. I changed the lower base to steel and the bar that the sight is on is steel. It's actually a lot stiffer than it looks.
Mark

Board footera