MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/04/2014 1:27 PM  #1

MLTSF Postal shoot, Something new to ponder

Mark hit me up with an idea the other day. He then sent me an email and I find the whole idea intriguing with a couple of very minor changes that Mark and I discussed over the phone. Here's what he has come up with. He's out on the road today and asked me if I would mind posting this.POSTAL TABLE SHOOTTo all the ladies and gentlemen out there who are, or would be, table shooters I would like to propose for your consideration the following:The table shooting game has been underway for the better part of two years now and appears to have gained a respectable following with members scattered across the country. Feedback has suggested that many of our members have had a difficult time finding other enthusiasts in their neck of the woods or are not able, for various reasons, to get to one of the several shoots that are taking place. With that in mind I am proposing that we undertake a POSTAL TABLE SHOOT that would enable our members, and guests, to participate from wherever they may be. As is the case at local shoots, there would be a fee to participate and the first four places would be rewarded with a percentage of the proceeds with the balance of the proceeds being sent to a charitable organization such as, but not limited to; Cancer Society, Leukemia Foundation, Heart Fund etc.I see the program being comprised of three matches to be held between March and October. Each match will be announced along with a deadline date for entries to be postmarked by. Targets will be available on line to be printed off. Entries will be accompanied by a signed note including the name, address and email of the shooter as well as the caliber and fee (to be determined). All entries will be mailed to one person for scoring.Shooting will be done on the same basis and using the rules, as posted under the How to sec. in table shoots forum regarding equipment, distance etc. Remember, this is a game and all shooters will be doing so on the honor system.Winners will be determined by their aggregate string of six shots.The preceding is very broad in scope and subject to change as required or suggested by you the shooters. I would like to get two things from you; first an idea of what kind of interest there may be in this program and second any suggestions you may have given the basic idea I have outlined.Mark

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

11/04/2014 11:24 PM  #2

Re: MLTSF Postal shoot, Something new to ponder

I think it is a great idea! I was thinking along the same lines of the cost of  driving an hour to and an hour back to attend a shoot and only fire 6 to 10 shots at a Table Shoot.
I've participated in a couple of postal shoots and had fun!
Nothing like being with other shooters and enjoying the "banter/kabitzing" though!!
I'm in!!
Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

11/07/2014 9:41 AM  #3

Re: MLTSF Postal shoot, Something new to ponder

I have just received word that we've lost a good friend and great guy.My dear friend Wayne Jenkins passed away in his sleep last night.That is all the information that I have at this time. 

If you give up on the process,you are giving up on the results.

Board footera