MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2014 2:49 PM  #1

Wapakoneta, OH

Off to see Charlie and his crew this weekend for a table shoot in wonderful Wapakoneta, OH, should be a good time.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

10/27/2014 7:08 AM  #2

Re: Wapakoneta, OH

Got back in from my visit to Ohio, about 6 o'clock yesterday evening need to thank Charlie Umstead, for his wonderful hospitality, Charlie is an excellent cook. Left Charlie's house about 30 minutes later we arrived at the range. Set 2 tables up, shot a three round table match while three other offhand matches were going on. Very nice range at the Shawnee long rifles. Had good participation for the table shoot. Interesting weekend.

Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

10/27/2014 9:20 AM  #3

Come on Robin, how many shots, how many shooters, what kind of strings. The people want to know.
Mark

10/27/2014 9:34 AM  #4

Yep! Also how did shooting the Table Shoot work out with the offhand shooters? I'm sure that there was a 20 to 30 minute time limit with the offhand guys did you work in that time frame and change out your targets along with their relays? Curious minds just would like to know?

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

10/27/2014 10:14 AM  #5

All right, if you want some more particulars it went down like this. Nobody shot particularly well. The head range officer at the club decided we would only see three shots for score. I think it had something to do with that what has been done at friendship So with our three practice shots that made a total of six shots. The range faces east by northeast not real friendly at 10:00 AM on a late October morning. I actually sat out the first to relays because I couldn't even see the front sight, let alone my spotter. Once I did start shooting. I wound up coming in third with a with a 1.9 inch string. I think second around 1.7 and first was just about 1.6 strings ran up to about 4 inches I think out of the 20 or so shooters that were there about 12 or 13 try the game out. Of the ones who did shoot it. I got some real positive feedback even seen a couple of guys measuring tables pyramid's.Shooting with the offhand is not bad proved to be just a bit slow as they were shooting on a 20 minute timed relay in the tables tend to run better on a around a 10 to 15 minute relay time and of course we don't normally run a time relay.

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

10/27/2014 7:20 PM  #6

I saw this post and was just wondering if Shawnee Longrifles was still located in the same place now, as they were when I was a member of that club back in the late 80's and early 90's.  They use to get some good turn outs back then.  Always enjoyed shooting with those guys. Only reason I ever left was to move out west to Nebraska.  Anyway, good to read they're still around.

Joe

Board footera