MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2014 8:26 AM  #1

NMLRA Postal Matches - Anyone Else Shooting In These?

Just a quick post/question before I head off to work.

Anyone else around here shooting in the monthly MuzzleBlast Postal Match?

I have in the past and am going to start in again.  I figure the entry fee goes for a good cause.

Joe

7/18/2014 10:27 AM  #2

Re: NMLRA Postal Matches - Anyone Else Shooting In These?

Never have. I need to educate myself about these. Any info for the newbie on the NMLRA site?

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

7/18/2014 2:41 PM  #3

Yes, there should be info regarding the postal matches on the NMLRA site. If not, we could send out copies of the official target that is printed each month. The targets have all the pertinent info on them and are in MB each month.
Mark

7/18/2014 7:14 PM  #4

Here is the link to the target.  The info is on it.

http://nmlra.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/MB-Postal-Match-Target-2014.pdf

Here's the good cause your $3.00 entry goes for;

"All proceeds will be donated to the NMLRA Youth Program."

I've always been onboard with that.

Last edited by Candle Snuffer (7/18/2014 7:19 PM)

Joe

8/13/2014 7:55 AM  #5

Off to shoot my August target this morning for this month's NMLRA postal match.  Got to go with my Ed Rayl .40 caliber barreled rifle I talked about down in the "offhand board."

I do enjoy these matches and have to admit I've never completed an entire year's worth, though this year I'm certainly going to try and complete 4 of the 6.  Next year I'll do my best to complete all six months.

As I always say, it's for a good cause.

Joe

8/13/2014 9:36 AM  #6

Thanks for the link, Joe. Simple, simple rules, and I really like the "honor system."

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

8/13/2014 12:50 PM  #7

Here's my August entry. I feel good about this target, and I sure like this Ed Rayl barrel .40 caliber. Todays load (40 grains 2fg, .017 spit patch, .395 ball) swabbed between shots, 25 yards offhand.

Last edited by Candle Snuffer (8/13/2014 12:57 PM)

Joe

8/13/2014 8:16 PM  #8

Thought about it just never seemed to get around to it.

8/14/2014 7:31 AM  #9

I enjoy them.  It gives folks like me who live over 1000 miles away from the National Range a chance to be part of something on a monthly bases (six months out of the year) with other organization members. There is also the National Postal Match that is offered where the NMLRA will send you the required targets to shoot.

At the end of the year the NMLRA will send you a patch or pin for participating. And, as I've always said about these postal matches - the entry fee goes for a good cause in help the youth program, so we're helping tp promote tomorrow's shooters in this sport of ours. I like that!

Joe

9/22/2014 7:02 AM  #10

Well I shot my September target yesterday with a score of 41...  I think this may only be the second or third time in who knows how many years I've actually mailed in 3 or more monthly targets (July, August, & September). One month left (October). Next year my goal is all 6 months May thru October.

July..............43-0x
August.........46-1x
September...41-0x
October...........?....

To bad the NMLRA doesn't have a Winter monthly postal match as it's sometimes easier to find free time in the Winter months (for me anyway - maybe not everyone) to go shooting. Just a thought NMLRA...

Also, I do appreciate the efforts put in by those who make this NMLRA Postal Match possible. Well done!!!

Last edited by Candle Snuffer (9/22/2014 7:20 AM)

Joe

10/11/2014 6:42 AM  #11

I've shot in the MuzzleBlast Postal Match and the National Postal Match for the past 10 years.
I enjoy it as a friendly competition.
Plus the small fee goes towards the Youth Program!

~Tony

Board footera