MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2014 8:18 AM  #1

Table shoot at friendship

After 2 years of plotting and planning and tweaking on table shoots. On Monday, September 15 we went to the rifle committee and received their unanimous approval on Thursday we receive the final go-ahead to have sanctioned table shoots at the June and September shoots at friendship all that is left now is for me to work out the final. Match numbers rule numbers and such with the Association, which is more making sure it gets done and doesn't fall through the cracks, then anything. As I'm sure Dan, Ken & Carl will attest to the rifle committee was very impressed with the presentation. I would like to thanks to smokeinbuck a.k.a. Mark and Ken for their assistance, and to Mark and Neil for their assistance, and by the way, did anybody else that had input which some of you who may have thought you didn't have any input. We were listening! With all that said, starting June of 2015. There will be table shoots held in an area between the AW Coon Chunk line and the Youth line. As soon as. The final rule numbers, match numbers etc. are in place will get them out to you.We will be on a three-year provisional basis. We will therefore need to get a good turnout. Advertise well (there is no better than word-of-mouth advertising) will do up some flyers the ladies in the office say there are already driving them crazy over it. One something to be able to hand them, but do encourage anyone. You can do. Come down and give it a try. Once again thanks to everybody for your help.Robin

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

9/22/2014 10:49 AM  #2

Re: Table shoot at friendship

You boys are creating quite a legacy. Thanks for your persistence with this. I'm looking forward to seeing the Association having the rules together and printed. It's sometimes easier to get local clubs to try something if the NMLRA "says so." I think this game is a good one for shooters who are old, new, young, women--in short, the appeal could be really broad.

Thanks again!

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

9/22/2014 9:06 PM  #3

A big thanks to you and Paul for starting this.

9/23/2014 5:45 PM  #4

Kermit wrote:

You boys are creating quite a legacy. Thanks for your persistence with this. I'm looking forward to seeing the Association having the rules together and printed. It's sometimes easier to get local clubs to try something if the NMLRA "says so." I think this game is a good one for shooters who are old, new, young, women--in short, the appeal could be really broad.

Thanks again!

Now if I could just get someone interested in my club!

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

9/23/2014 5:59 PM  #5

Richard,
If I'm remembering correctly what I heard in the very beginning of this process, the table shoots were first held out your way in Missouri. The incentive should be to preserve some local history.
Mark

9/23/2014 6:59 PM  #6

I would think that would be a strong draw point but it doesn't seem to register in people's minds around here. Most are interested in carnival or bang and clang primate type shooting! Very little interest in real accuracy there are a few still interested in shooting a good score and small groups that we are a very small minority. I have made a table and set it up three times and have had exactly six shooters total counting myself. I haven't given up just trying to figure out someway to get these people attracted to the sport.

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

9/24/2014 2:46 PM  #7

rhbrink wrote:

I would think that would be a strong draw point but it doesn't seem to register in people's minds around here. Most are interested in carnival or bang and clang primate type shooting! Very little interest in real accuracy there are a few still interested in shooting a good score and small groups that we are a very small minority. I have made a table and set it up three times and have had exactly six shooters total counting myself. I haven't given up just trying to figure out someway to get these people attracted to the sport.

RB

Richard
When Paul and I first started this we weren't sure how well it be accepted. Obviously, our worries were somewhat unfounded. We based the thing kind of loosely on shoots that were held in the Wabash Valley area, which would have been Western Indiana Eastern Illinois. I'm sure that type of shoot was shot kind of far and wide in the day. The historical part of it might be somewhat of a draw.

I might suggest and this is just thinking out loud that to get things started. Maybe you include two or three shots from a table in one of the as you put it carnival bang and clang shoots. I don't know if that would help people get used to the idea or not. I would think may be right at the end to use as some sort of tiebreaker. Another idea might be to do it as a fundraiser for a well-liked charity or for your club to see if people would come play more to make the donation and maybe find out that they actually like it. Just a couple of thoughts.

I certainly wish you a lot of luck and what assist you in any way that I can

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

Board footera