MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2014 12:11 PM  #1

Xenia

Don't forget to head for Xenia , Ohio this weekend two days shoot Saturday and Sunday over the log always a good time.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

8/09/2014 4:51 PM  #2

Re: Xenia

mike majeskie opened a can of wup ass  shot a 3.8   .  his biggest shot was  a .9  something
he had best x of day with a .038
they had 13 shooters most did not claim ag today.all the big  dogs are supposed to be in and shoot sunday

8/09/2014 8:22 PM  #3

Good shooting Mike we invite all of you folks that are shoot this weekend to come up to Broken lock near Alma Michigan next weekend for the State Championship .This year we are honoring Paul Griffith.It's 15 shots measureing everyone  and a three shot match for sixty and over it's the Roy "Pa" Kellery memorial match that we shoot every year .Good food camping  with water,wood and hooters. Eric D. Lau 989-235-3724.

8/10/2014 5:32 PM  #4

looks like the 2 day shoot ended up like this
1  mike majeskie   3.78   best x of sat .038   also best x of match - shot sat
2 dave krumme   4.1 shot sun
3 dawn swigart   5.247  shot sun and best x   .183
4 tom swigart      5.422  shot sun
said great shooting days almost no wind.

dawn swigart 

8/10/2014 7:19 PM  #5

A three-shot match for folks 60 and over? I gotta hear about THAT one! 

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

8/10/2014 8:14 PM  #6

Let me reword the three shot match. It is one" over the log  target" that you shoot three times and all three holes are measured from the center of the "X" to the center of the hole and then all three measurments are added together to get your string measurment.The one with the shortest measur takes first place Does that sound better?.

8/11/2014 3:47 PM  #7

Dag gave you all the important numbers I'll give you a quick rundown on the rest of it. Saturday was a wonderful day. Just a very slight breeze got pretty hot along about 1 o'clock, but all in all a bluebird day we had fried chicken all the good side orders that come with it for lunch and had a real good time that evening with Tom,Dawn David, Steve, Barton, Londean and myself. By the way Dag hot wings were goodSunday just flat started out hot. The wind was dead. Still wouldn't hardly move the smoke out once again. The meal was good. We had some left over fried chicken and burgers fresh off the grill.As usual, Tom and Dawn put on a wonderful shoot. I will announce a couple weeks ahead of time here about their shooters time. Match in October, you should really plan to attend. It's always a good time.At any rate, congratulations, Mike on your win opus see you all in friendship or sooner..Robin

Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

8/11/2014 7:40 PM  #8

Just a question was this 3.78 score a 10 shot match or is it a five shot match? Either way that is some good shooting!

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

8/11/2014 7:48 PM  #9

That was a ten shot match.

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

8/11/2014 7:48 PM  #10

Richard,
These are 10 shot matches.
Mark

8/11/2014 8:01 PM  #11

That's even more impressive!

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

8/12/2014 1:23 PM  #12

I went up with my friend Steve.  This was our first time at Xenia, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Great matches and excellent hospitality from start to end.  I've been shooting chunk a little over a year and got my first real match "X" (albeit a bit assymetrical) with my stubby .40 cal. flintlock on Saturday, taking 1st in match 4.  One of the best birthday presents ever, esp. considering the level of the other shooters is consistently awe-inspiring, and my strings are still lonngggggg...(really long).  Fluke, possibly, but that is what every shot is intended to do !  I think I may hang it on the wall, so my wife can see I'm not really wasting a lot of time and money chunk shooting....

All the people there are friendly and helpful, not to mention more fun than a barrel of monkeys, so that I wish I hadn't waited so long to go to Xenia. 

8/12/2014 3:28 PM  #13

Barton,
Now that you have had the experience of shooting chunk for a while and have gotten to know some of the fellows there are a few things to look out for. First, beware of your new friends who want to help you adjust your sights. Next is to not hesitate to ask the  guy that beat you for help, it will be there. next and most important is have fun. Glad to hear you are making some of the shoots, that string will shorten with time.
Mark

8/12/2014 10:15 PM  #14

barton wrote:

I went up with my friend Steve.  This was our first time at Xenia, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Great matches and excellent hospitality from start to end.  I've been shooting chunk a little over a year and got my first real match "X" (albeit a bit assymetrical) with my stubby .40 cal. flintlock on Saturday, taking 1st in match 4.  One of the best birthday presents ever, esp. considering the level of the other shooters is consistently awe-inspiring, and my strings are still lonngggggg...(really long).  Fluke, possibly, but that is what every shot is intended to do !  I think I may hang it on the wall, so my wife can see I'm not really wasting a lot of time and money chunk shooting....

All the people there are friendly and helpful, not to mention more fun than a barrel of monkeys, so that I wish I hadn't waited so long to go to Xenia. 

go to nicks after the shoot or night before //awsome

Board footera