MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/15/2022 10:04 AM  #1

Table shoots

Does anyone post on here anymore?

7/15/2022 10:39 PM  #2

Re: Table shoots

Hello Tony! It seems like there is very little interest in the table shooting as of late. I check this site every time I'm on the computer and thats everyday! I met some real fine people on here and even shot with a few when I held a table shoot here in the middle of Missouri, but lately there has been very little activity. I thought it would pick up when spring arrived and I'm sure they must be shooting somewhere. I'll try and last them out but it is getting discouraging.
I loved the table shooting but it just fell to nothing around here close. There may be a little going on at Ft. Osage near K.C. but I haven't heard of anything. I thought at least they would gabat each other once in awhile.

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

8/01/2022 3:01 PM  #3

I know exactly what you mean guys. Being the administrator I have considered even shutting the site down. The decision will be coming soon if people don't start doing some postings.

Last edited by MMprwarner (8/01/2022 4:30 PM)

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

8/01/2022 11:26 PM  #4

I sure would hate to see it shut down but realize what you're dealing with. Seems like I'm the only one that wants to strike up a conversation but not getting but a very little response.
I know guy's are out shooting and wish my health would let me do what I really enjoyed doing these past 50 years. You'd think they would want to discuss something even it's only the weather or related items.
I'm sorry the rain that came your way formed up right over me here in central missouri then strengthened up and poured down on y'all!
I'm gonna try to post something about muzzleloading maybe everyday,  (I do check this forum every night,)until you all get tired and tell me to quit! I've met a awful lot of fine people in this sport. Some I've never met eye to eye but could call them a friend. Barry Pearson of Winnipeg Manatoba for one.
Enough of my ramblin' for now.
Lets get the lead out ..... !

Will Rogers

8/03/2022 10:40 PM  #5

Ican hear the thunder and storms are coming together again tonight with the heavy part later in the morning. I sure hope it disapates instead of moving on east where they've had enough rain!
Hopefully it will just cool down a little so you can get some range time in and report on the results.

Big John

Will Rogers

2/13/2023 1:34 PM  #6

I also would hate to see this site shut down, so here goes. I have a flintlock rifle with a 42 inch green mountain barrel in .40 caliber, one inch across the flats. Up until now I have only shot the 30 yard table shoot with it using 45 gr. of oldeynsford 3fff black powder, with an .018 drill patch lubed with bear oil. I have not been able to get to the range to practice much and I am thinking about shooting it at the York shoot. Anyone have a suggestion on what powder charge to start with for 60 yards? I know .40cal.is a light weight ball for 60 yards but I like shooting it. 

4/22/2023 1:28 PM  #7

I would suggest starting out with 65grs of 3f and see how you do

Tony

4/29/2023 10:43 PM  #8

Back in the days that I was shooting my .40 cal I shot the 60 yrds with 65grains of Goex, a 395 ball and .18 canvas patching lubed with spit. On windy days I'd up my powder to 75 grns just to get it down there a little faster. 
It seemed to work okay.  
Big John

Will Rogers

9/23/2023 6:12 AM  #9

Are there any Fall shoots scheduled?

9/28/2023 7:24 PM  #10

Are there any Fall shoots scheduled?

Hi there Tony! I can't vouch much for your part of the country but here in central Missouri the Old Farm Shooters are starting a little earlier this year. I think they posted that the shoots were starting in October. A couple of their members are on this site so maybe one will verify this.

This is not really table shooting as we know it. They have been shooting this same match way back in time. Close to 100 years I think. It consist of 3 shoots at a 3" white circle on a black background. The center has a circle worth 13 points then a 12 ring, a 11 ring and 10 ring. So 39 is a perfect score. It's shot open sights off  concrete benches (2) at 60 yrds. Google Old Farm Shooters and you will see the information. This is about an hour and a half drive for me but I have to go to Jefferson City to cross the mighty Missouri River and it adds about 40 minutes on my drive.

I'm sure glad to see you posting on here and hope you can stir up some shooting somewhere in your country. I've tried to start some conversations but seems like everyone's fingers are broken! (haha) My wife and everyone I know says I talk alot but there's nothing wrong with that. You don't find out much information by keeping the mouth shut!

Big John -- smack dab in the middle of Missouri!

Will Rogers

Board footera