MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/11/2020 3:30 PM  #1

Bryan Station Table Match, Sat. October 10

As always, thanks to everyone that came out to shoot with us.  Seven shooters came out in spite of a dubious weather forecast, six from Kentucky and one from Ohio.  The weather was nowhere near as bad as most of us had feared it would be, and most of the match was spent with sprinkles and a couple of drizzles, but nothing the crew couldn't handle.

Lunch was a pot of chili, and Carolyn brought her secret recipe slaw and some excellent made from scratch corn muffins to go with it, and there were chips, pimento cheese sandwiches, and potato salad as well.  Gail brought some of he famous banana pudding to top it all off.  I hope I didn't miss any contributors. 

The top three strings were:
Bob G 1.7660
Bo C 2.7680
Sterling M. 2.9760

Bob G. obviously liked the feeling of shooting under 2" (as he did at Bryan Station) in September, and he not only repeated the feat, but bettered his previous string at Bryan Station.  Despite a couple of "wide" (term is relative) shots, Bo and Sterling shot strings that would win matches in other circumstances, but it just wasn't their day.

Buck turned in a really pretty .023" shot for Best X and a Silver Eagle. 

UPDATE: Carl was  the 50 yard pot shot winner shutting down Sterling's 50 yard streak, at least for now.   I think this little match is a challenge -- one practice shot and one target at 50 yards, but the shooters seem to do well with it, and I'm impressed whenever I have a chance to see the targets from it.

We have one more Bryan Station Table Match coming up in November -- looking forward to seeing everybody there.

Last edited by barton (10/11/2020 6:07 PM)

Board footera