MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2019 2:38 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. October 12

As always, thanks to everybody that came to shoot with us.  We had shooters from Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky.  The weather was pretty nice for shooting X's, maybe a bit chilly and sometimes a little breeze that felt cold to most of us, since this was the first day below 60 in the area.

Archie did the grilling of hamburgers and hotdogs, and Jeanette pitched in with lots of fixings, some sweets and other essentials.  Jerry brought drinks.  Steve's wife Carolyn had been out of town all week, but she sent in a big bowl of her constant comment slaw.  Gail brought some really nice items, Sterling brought his top notch brownies and Dave C. and his wife walked in with multiple very good pies!  Steve shot and started off match, and I entered scores and kept things running at a leisurely pace.  The scoring was split between Jerry and Pab, who came all the way from West Virginia only to be put to work (but he volunteered ).  Thanks, everybody, esp. Pab and Jerry, who made my day a lot more enjoyable.

10 shooters participated and the top five strings were:
Bob G.  2.4050
Bill D.  2.7690
Archie H.  2.8300
Carl K.  3.4790
Don R.  3.8590

Bobby G. shot very well, but Bill D. and Archie H. kept him working the whole match, and it was nip and tuck b/t them for 2nd and third.  No shot over 0.2" won a match, and it was often 3rd or 4th place before such a shot showed up!  The string of best X's from each match added up to a 1.202", which indicates a pretty tight match to me.  Congratulations, Bobby, for keeping the other shooters on their toes!  Also, we were very happy to see Bo C. back after his hip problems.  He shot a very respectable string at 3.9590 and I'm sure will be a serious threat now that he's back in the fray.

Bobby also turned the best X at .085" for the silver dollar.

Sterling M. won the 50 yard pot-shot, again.  Looked like a spider to me!

Comments and criticism welcome. 

Last edited by barton (8/04/2019 10:59 PM)

Last edited by barton (10/13/2019 2:40 PM)

Board footera