MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2019 11:47 AM  #1

NMLRA - 2019 - New Fee Schedule

I understand there are a lot of fee increases for 2019.

Dues have increased and that effects every one. Camping fees I understand have gone up somewhat and I have heard several voicing their concerns.

One increase that really impacts a huge number of folks and me directly is the doubling of the shooter registration fee. As I only shoot 1 aggregate(TS), the increase makes it very expensive to  shoot 6 shots for record. It doesn't matter if you shoot 1 aggregate or 12 aggregates that is a big additional expense to every shooter at Friendship.

I understand it takes a lot money to keep the NMLRA operating and reasonable increases in fees are to be expected but doubling the shooter registration fee seems a little extreme to me.

I was hoping to get my name on that TS Aggregate trophy one more time but it looks like my days of shooting at Friendship are over.

Carl

4/28/2019 6:48 PM  #2

Re: NMLRA - 2019 - New Fee Schedule

Carl,
If what you are telling us is correct you may not be the only one looking for  a different venue. They did that to the primitive campers and the merchants a number of years ago and it bit them in the ass. We'll see what happens.
Mark

4/28/2019 7:21 PM  #3

Mark,
In the April 2019 issue of Muzzle Blasts on page 49 there is an announcement and registration form for the Spring National Shoot. The Adult Preregistration is $ 50.00. There is no discount for advance registration as before.

That fee has doubled, I wonder how many people will be severely shocked when they get to Friendship in June?

Carl

4/28/2019 10:39 PM  #4

I understand the concern, I only shoot Quail walk there and dont shoot nearly what I did. 60 + dollars for a couple of rounds is a bit rich.
Makes staying at the state park and day triping to visit friends look good.

4/29/2019 9:17 AM  #5

I just contacted Colton and he confirmed the $50 shoot fee for the whole week. Daily shoot fees are $25.
Mark

4/29/2019 1:14 PM  #6

Is that something new they have started? I don't ever remember being asked if I was shooting all week or just for the day when I registered before.

Carl

4/29/2019 6:18 PM  #7

Single day registration has been available. I usually buy a one day registration then just shoot practice targets until I'm ready to shoot for score. Saves half the fee.

4/29/2019 6:34 PM  #8

Did not know that.

Thanks for the information.

Carl

5/01/2019 4:48 AM  #9

I've been concerned about these increases myself. I understand the need to maintain the facility, and keep the organization solvent with a shrinking body of members. Not sure these changes are going to work. I typically only shoot a couple of trips through the woodswalk, and maybe a morning on the primitive range. I drive up from Florida and like Carl... I might have to rethink the whole "trip to Friendship" myself. My camp is a nylon tent. The only electricity I use is to charge my cell phone a couple of times.  I pay the same increased nightly rate as the guy with the 40 ft motorhome running AC, and all the comforts of home 24/7. The increased camping fee has me re-thinking that aspect of my trip, or whether to make the trip at all in light of all the increases. Friends, I'm not whining, or crying like I can't afford it, but sometimes it's good to re-evaluate what we get back for how we spend our money. I reckon that's what I'm doing now.  

Board footera