MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/16/2019 6:10 PM  #1

Roller coaster ....

It's been awful quiet on here. I guess we're all mesmerized by the up and down temperatures and snow and ice! Looks like we in for some more the next week or so before warming temps finally sneak in.

The guy's at Charlie's Old Farm table shooting have been enduring the weather and shooting each Sunday. Their winning scores have been 37's, 38's and a few 39's out of 39! Congratulations to the guy's that shoot!

I think I'll just fill my bird feeders and set and watch them for the next couple of days while this new snow and ice move in. We got 2 1/2" yesterday and expecting a glaze of ice and about 1" of snow tonight.
I've got a little work to do on my table guns so better make a place in the garage and get busy.

Stay warm and safe ….. Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

2/17/2019 1:38 AM  #2

Re: Roller coaster ....

Turned out the weather grue was off again, a sprinkle of sleet, no ice or snow here.

2/17/2019 11:23 PM  #3

Well we got about 2 1/2" of snow Friday afternoon and night and terrible slick roads. I think every road was blocked up with wrecks at one time or another. Then last night we got a glazing of ice and another dusting of snow.
Things looking up until Tuesday when their forecasting more snow/ice combination then moving on to high 30º and 40º weather.
Bring it on ……. Big John

Will Rogers

2/18/2019 12:15 AM  #4

Starting to look at weather and routes to AZ. Might be a good year to visit friends in LA then take I-10 out instead of the I-64 I-44, I-40 route

2/18/2019 12:08 PM  #5

It would probably be a wise decision to look into alternate weather savvy routes.
It looks like Harvey V. shot another perfect score of 39 down at Charles's Sunday. That guy has been on top of the shooting this year!
By the way, I sent you a PM Copper Head.

Will Rogers

2/20/2019 9:26 AM  #6

Well the Roller-Coaster ride is still on! Another couple of inches of Global Warming flurries this morning and now a little freezing rain on top of that! Really isn't that bad to walk on I hauled out the trash this morning and it has a nice crunch to it, the one good thing is that it's 32 and suppose to warm up to 37 so maybe not too much ice?

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

2/20/2019 10:29 PM  #7

I got lucky last night and 99% of the snow and ice went to my west and north.
I talked to David about the time things were happening (6:30pm) and when he left Eldon it had just started to snow. By the time he drove the 12 miles home it was terrible slick.
It sounds good for the rest of the week tho!

Big John

Will Rogers

2/26/2019 11:35 PM  #8

Guys … looks like we're about to fire up this weather roller coaster again!
Weather today was 57º and bright sunshine. High tomorrow near 35º and in the teens during the night.     They're talking high in the low 20º during the day Saturday and being close to 6º Saturday night!
Someone please stop this thing when it gets to the 70º range!!!

Big John

Will Rogers

2/27/2019 8:35 AM  #9

Big John,

We are much the same here, 50 yesterday, 55 today and 30's and measurable snow on Sunday. Tuesday is suppose to be 22 with a low of 11.

The big thing here is no rain for 3 days in a row, first time since late December. The 50 mph winds Sunday helped dry things out a little.

Going to the first table shoot of the year on Saturday over at Batesville, IN. Hope I can still remember how it all works 🤣🤣🤣 

Carl

3/01/2019 12:01 AM  #10

Carl … maybe you can get this first shoot in before the predicted "next" winter storm comes in. It's forecast to drop 2" to 5" of snow here on Sunday and then 2 or 3 days of bitter cold. I hope it skips ya'll!

>>>Hope I can still remember how it all works 🤣🤣🤣  Carl<<<

I'd almost bet my ranch in Texas that you haven't forgotten!
Them boys down at Linn have been turning in some impressive scores for the conditions they're shooting under. I think there was 7 scores of 37 shot for first place last week. It probably took for tie shots than match shots to sort them out!

Big John

Will Rogers

3/03/2019 12:14 PM  #11

Well the roller coaster took another dip early this morning another 6 inches or so of global warming actually it is hard to tell how much snow because of the 30 to 40 mph winds is bowing the stuff into big drifts here and there! Forgot to add about 10 degrees too! Winterfull March weather!

RB

Last edited by rhbrink (3/03/2019 4:00 PM)

3/03/2019 12:36 PM  #12

No longer Global Warming, now Climate Change. ned

Bigfoot is my frend
When I die please don"t let me vote democrat

3/03/2019 10:38 PM  #13

Well the roller coaster took another dip early this morning another 6 inches or so of global warming

RB ...You got about twice the snow I got. I'm glad most of it went west of me, but I do have that frigid air!
 Ned  >>> I just read that one of those massive ships bringing all those containers over here put out about 50,00 percent more pollution than all the cars in the USA put out in a year. Buy American!!

Big John  

Will Rogers

3/04/2019 7:42 AM  #14

The weather guesser says that we didn't get that much only 3 inches? So I'm off about 50% not bad for me! I was really guessing because on the flat over areas there is very little and anywhere it can drift it did big time! Oh-Well we'll wear this Winter out sooner or later I hope! It is suppose to warm up some by the weekend and next week we just might get almost back to normal for a day or two.

RB

3/04/2019 12:35 PM  #15

rhbrink wrote:

It is suppose to warm up some by the weekend and next week we just might get almost back to normal for a day or two. RB

You guy's know what's normal for the mid-west? Nothing!

With the temperatures near 0º this morning and the sun shinning bright, I watched the moisture dripping off my metal roof, I was reminded of what my Grandpa Ed told me one time. He said that no matter the temperature in February, on the south side of buildings where the sun shines, the ground will thaw on top. The sun has started to get a little higher and the rays will make things "slick"!

Big John 

Will Rogers

3/04/2019 1:36 PM  #16

And the days are getting longer too!!!! Maybe I see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel?

RB

3/04/2019 6:51 PM  #17

We here in Kentucky are on the weather roller coaster with you, low 20's today with wind chills in the single digits all day, 60 on Sunday !!!

It's been a very challenging winter for sure.

Carl

Board footera