MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2019 3:51 PM  #1

Snow - Snow and more Snow!

It started yesterday (Friday) about noon. It had misted rain then a little sleet the previous hours then turned to huge snow flakes so thick you could barely see through them. About 6pm there was 5/6 inches on the ground. It snowed most all night and this morning was about 11" deep. So far it has snowed another 5" and still snowing! The weather man says 1 to 3" of snow overnight before coming to an end!

I know several others are affected by this but just wanted to tell you all what was going on here. I'm smackdab in the middle of Missouri and we haven't had this much snow in awhile! 
Good thing we have no where to be until Tuesday, maybe the roads will allow my old buggy to get there.

Everyone be safe and keep dreaming of all them spiders at the upcoming table shoots!
Big John … peering out the window!!

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

1/12/2019 8:12 PM  #2

Re: Snow - Snow and more Snow!

Big John
            Went out and got the mail about 3:30 pm had about 4/5 inches of snow.

What we have is a fine snow if it wasn't fine we would have a lot more here in East Central Indiana.

I now have the double post like you had
Dick

1/13/2019 12:48 AM  #3

Dick … I think the double post comes from trying to back out of the message going back to the board. I quit doing that by clicking out of the forum altogether then going back. 
It's a little troublesome but haven't had doubles since doing this.

It has snowed about 3" more since I posted and I just looked out (11:30pm.) and it has quit for awhile and the temperatures are supposed to warm up to mid-30º range for the next couple of days and reaching low 40º on Tuesday. My tape now measuring 18 and 1/4"!
Big John

Will Rogers

1/13/2019 7:50 AM  #4

18 and 1/4 inches now that is measuring mighty fine! I've got anywhere from 6 to 8 inches depending on where I measure over here on the West side of Missouri or maybe that should be "Misery" at least it is suppose to warm up into the 40's by Tuesday maybe melt off some of this global warming.

RB

Last edited by rhbrink (1/13/2019 7:51 AM)

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

1/13/2019 8:11 PM  #5

Richard … I just measured on top of the bbq grill, it's sitting right out in the clear and we have 20 plus a little. That's about what all the neighbors have also. It snowed some until noon today before moving on out I hope! A neighbor stopped by and he and his son and my grandson shoveled out enough to back my buggy out of the garage but no where to go after that. These all weather tires they sell now days can't handle this snow! I used to have studded tires years ago and I'm gonna own a set of them before next winter or at least an old fashion snow tire with some rough tread!
I've heard of a couple of roofs collapsing. A Casey's store in Auxvasse and a couple of garage roofs in Fulton. This stuff is wet and heavy. I hope all was okay at Ft. Osage.
Big John

Will Rogers

1/13/2019 9:47 PM  #6

Big John
       Thanks for the information on the double post.

Where I live we ended up with about 6/7 inches . Sure glad we didn't get 20 inches.

Dick

1/14/2019 7:29 AM  #7

Wow! 20 inches! We only had a few more flurries and that's a plenty! Ft. Osage was OK we had a few small limbs down and a couple of bigger ones but no damage thankfully! There were five people showed up and we fired up the wood stove in the Sign-Up shed and most sat around told lies about how good we used to shoot then Thorp showed up so you know who was the KIng of the BS? The crazy thing was that two new guys drove out and were wanting to join the club! If a couole of guys drove out into that kind of conditions and found the club and asked to join they must be pretty dang serious about joining, things might be looking up for 2019!

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

Board footera