MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2018 10:18 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. Nov. 10

As always, thanks to everybody that came to shoot with us.  We had Kentucky and West Virginia well represented, plus Steve L. made the long, cold trip down from Ohio.   It was a COLD (I think under 30 most of the time), windy day, but bright and clear .  Carolyn started us off on the right foot with a meal of ham and beans, santa fe chili (extra good, not exactly like anything Ive had before), corn muffins, various fixings and desserts, which Sterling supplemented with his famous brownies!  Bo and Carl delivered the goods and brought good, dry firewood for the barrel, thanks you all for helping knock the chill off!  PAB and Jerry did the scoring, today, and I owe them a few favors, as they did a great job, and I enjoyed a change .  Steve B. started the formalities and shot the match, while I played with my computer and collected targets most of the time.

10 shooters participated, and the top 5 strings were:
Jeanette H. 2.7650
Bo C. 2.9300
Don R. 3.3850
Bobby G. 3.6120
Carl K. 4.2120

Jeanette started off solidly and never really let up.  Her "worst" shot was 0.44" on the last relay!  Bo  also shot extremely consistently, with only two shots just a hair over half an inch, most well under.  And Don R. in 3rd only had 2 shots over half an inch as well.  This game is getting pretty serious, it looks like to me .  We were especially glad to have Bobby G. back with us shooting after his ordeal with back surgery and recovery.

Carl K. won the Silver Eagle with a best X of 0.0550.  

The 50 yard pot shot went to Don R., with a very nice 0.15" X!  Remember, that is one practice shot and one for record at 50 yards.  It would have been a good X at 25 yards.  

As this is the last match of the year, we also awarded prizes for the season's best performances in memory of our friend Bob Redding.

The shooter of the year was Bobby G. with an incredible string of 7.043" for his best three matches here.  That is an average (for the three best matches) of 2.4377"!  He won the highly prized hornstrap that Sterling made (It says "Aim small, miss small.  Bryan Station Table Shoot." and is a real work of art. Thanks Sterling!).  Bobby also got a Bob Redding Memorial Table Match Travelling Trophy/Plaque with his name on a placard in the first position (where he likes to see it ).  This was no fluke, as Bobby also had the shortest string of the year, 2.1060.

The second and third place shooters for the year also received plaques.  Carl K. was 2nd, with a 3 best string of 8.2720 and a 3 best average of  2.7573.  In 3rd, Bo C had a string of 9.2300 and average of  3.0767.  Very good shooting all around, and three more shooters had averages in the 3's, so this was not an easy competition!

We also awarded a plaque and a 2oz. silver coin for the best X of the year.  That went to Jeanette H., who made an incredible 0.0020" spider on the first relay of the March match.  Talk about not procrastinating!  Steve and I did not even remember that shot until I started compiling the data for the year, but Jeanette apparently knew what we were going to do and put a good one in the bank !    

Once again, it has been a year of good shooting and great fellowship, and we have enjoyed all of you at these shoots.  We hope that every has a great holiday break this winter and look forward to seeing you all back next year!

As always, comments and criticism welcome.     

Last edited by barton (11/10/2018 11:01 PM)

11/12/2018 10:27 PM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. Nov. 10

Bryan Station finished their table shoot schedule in grand fashion.

As Barton posted it was challenging shoot due to the cold and wind but as the results showed it ended up being a very competitive shoot. A tribute to the 10 hearty souls that came to shoot.

As always it started with an excellent meal(Thanks to Carolyn Brown and others)followed by some good conversations among all that were there and then it got down to some serious table shooting.

I think all of us were both suprized and pleased with the very nice awards handed out for the best strings and the best X for the year.

Thank you Bryan Station for another great year of table shoots. We are looking forward to 2019.

Carl

Last edited by cking (11/12/2018 10:27 PM)

11/12/2018 11:07 PM  #3

Thank you Barton for the report.
It seems like everyone came to shoot and shoot well they did!
Congratulations to all the shooters for jobs well done. It looks like Jeanette and Bo were making everyone knuckle down! That's good!
Congratulations also to Bobby G. for the 2.4377 average! That's consistent shooting!
Also to Carl K. and Bo C. for their finishes of 2nd and 3rd! 
I think Carl warned everyone that he was coming after that Silver Eagle and he meant business! 
Good shooting everybody!

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

11/14/2018 12:58 AM  #4

Carl,
Thank you for reminding me: I thought Steve did a great job on the awards, too.

Big John,
They're all great shooters, but even better people and more fun than the old barrel of monkeys .  I saw that some of you all almost made it--sorry it didn't come together, but looking forward to meeting you all some day!

Board footera