MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2018 5:30 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. October 13

As always, thanks to everybody that came to shoot with us.  It was one of the first chilly days of fall, so it felt a little cooler than it was (mid-forties and gloomy most of shoot).  The warm food Jeanette prepared was greatly appreciated--hot dogs, chili, chips, slaw and fixings.  Sterling didn't disappoint anybody when he showed up with his brownies, either.  Steve was off in Missouri at the Bevels Match, so I blundered my way through the ceremonies , scoring, etc., with Jerry's help.  

7 shooters participated, and the top 5 strings were:
Sterling M. 2.1550
Archie H. 2.9992
Bo C. 3.0700
Carl K. 3.2150
Don R. 3.5700

Sterling came to shoot and took home three firsts, 2 seconds and 3 thirds, coming within a hair of breaking the 2" mark!   We missed Bob G. who is recovering from back surgery, but no one was slacking off in his absence.  6 of the 7 were well under 4", and the longest string was 5.53" -- with only partial use of one hand due to a patch cutting mishap!

Don R. won the Silver Eagle with a best X of 0.0240!  That was a really nice looking X.

The 50 yard pot shot went to Archie H..  

Next one is Saturday, November 10, the last one of the year.  Looking forward to seeing everyone!

As always, comments and criticism welcome.  

10/14/2018 12:16 AM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. October 13

Thanks Barton for the report! It's always nice to see the results.
It looks like the cool overcast day was giving the shooters some constant light and they took advantage of that. That's some great shooting!

Thanks … Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

10/14/2018 12:52 AM  #3

Thanks Barton for the report! It's always nice to see the results.
It looks like the cool overcast day was giving the shooters some constant light and they took advantage of that. That's some great shooting!

Thanks … Big John

Will Rogers

10/14/2018 6:06 PM  #4

Big John,

Yes, I believe overcast is best weather to shoot in if spotter is appropriate.  The light level did change once or twice, but not the 1.5" swing type of thing .  This group didn't let a little cooler weather bother them, they just turned up the heat with ribbing each other and complaining about the weather .  Turned out to be what seemed like one of the more fun shoots in some ways (they are all fun, though), to me at least.  Really is one of the finest group of people I get to associate with.

I do wish I had made preparations to set up a fire in the burn barrel, but I was deceived by the optimistic forecast and weeks of regular rain left the woodpile unusable in my opinion .

10/15/2018 12:50 PM  #5

>>>>>This group didn't let a little cooler weather bother them, they just turned up the heat with ribbing each other and complaining about the weather .  Turned out to be what seemed like one of the more fun shoots in some ways (they are all fun, though), to me at least.  Really is one of the finest group of people I get to associate with.<<<<<

The bunch that showed up at Owl Creek was the same way! The range faces ES/E and when the sun cleared the trees on top of the berm it was bright! Also that day a front was getting ready to move through and the wind was gusting from slight breeze to around 38mph! They put up with 84º temperatures and this breeze. Right to left, left to right and then head on when it blew the target frames down! They put up with a lot of different conditions and still had fun they say! I'll tell you the shots didn't show all they went through!
They even put up with this ole man who had no idea what was going on! I took all their advice and ideas and hope to improve in the future! 
I've been involved with muzzleloading since 1976 and a finer bunch of guy's you'll never meet anywhere! 

Big John

Will Rogers

10/16/2018 4:02 PM  #6

As always the table shoot at Bryan Station was a great shoot. The weather was a kinda cool but the hot dogs and chili got everybody warmed up and ready to shoot.

The turn out may have been a little light but the competition was intense. 2 strings in the 2's and 4 strings in the 3's out of 7 shooters was great. And a 0.024" best X was impressive.

The 50 yard pot shot was a very  close match between the 5 shooters that shot it. It's a fun match.

Thanks Barton and company for another well done table shoot.

And tell your son the Boy Scout Trail Mix is great.

Carl

10/16/2018 10:17 PM  #7

Carl,

I think honestly that everyone there could shoot in the 2's on the right day (many have), no problem.  What I think is even better is that everybody seems to have a good time doing it!  True sportsmen.

Thanks to you all for the popcorn support--I hope the boy's sales techniques weren't too high pressure .  Don't hesitate to sell me some of your all's kids or (possibly more likely) grandkids popcorn, cookies, candy or whatever!

Only one more Bryan Station table shoot this year, should be a doozy!  We'll find out who gets THE STRAP and who had the Bestest X, also.

10/17/2018 11:17 AM  #8

Sounds like everyone from the promoters to the shooters were on their game. Pretty impressive group of strings.
Mark

Board footera