MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/07/2018 11:48 AM  #1

Owl Creek Table Match

Okay! I've bit the bullet and going to have a table match here in the mid-west! Smack dab in the middle of Missouri at the Owl Creek Gun Club 2538 county road 324 Fulton MO 65251. For those with GPS capabilities: 38º50'15.3N - 92º05'26.6"W. For written directions search Owl Creek Sportsman Club Fulton MO.
It will be October 3rd 2018 (a Wednesday) and the 4th (a Thursday). A 10 shot match at 30 yards. 
Then a match at 60 yards at a 3" circle for scoring. 
If time allows we'll also have a couple of other matches you can participate in!
More info or question reach me at bigjohn@socket.net or 573-642-6164

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

9/08/2018 12:50 PM  #2

Re: Owl Creek Table Match

I plan on being there. Is there a spot for tent camping?

Chuck

9/08/2018 1:26 PM  #3

I'm working on a couple of Kentucky boys to come with so we will be there.

Carl

9/09/2018 9:46 AM  #4

>>>I plan on being there. Is there a spot for tent camping?    Chuck<<<

Yes sir Chuck. There are places you can put up a tent. The clubhouse will be available for bathroom facilities as well. Looking forward to meeting you!

>>>I'm working on a couple of Kentucky boys to come with so we will be there.   
Carl<<<

Great Carl! We will be delighted to have ya'll attend! Let me know if I can be of any assistance to ya.

If ya'll want to practice a little, I have also planned a match at 60 yards, shooting at a 3" white circle on a black background. We'll have some fun matches also. All shooting will be done from the tables.
Now, I guess I'd better get to working on things! Any questions … just give me a call.

Big John

Will Rogers

9/10/2018 6:48 AM  #5

My rifle won't be ready. Gunsmith is in South Africa until the 21st. I plan on being over one day to watch and learn.
Det

9/10/2018 11:49 PM  #6

>>>My rifle won't be ready. Gunsmith is in South Africa until the 21st. I plan on being over one day to watch and learn. Det<<<

Hello Schuetzen! Come on over. Love to have you.

I got official conformation for use of the range on Oct. 3rd & 4th. 2018.
AccuWeather forecast daytime temperatures in middle 70º and night temperatures in the 45º range with a slight chance of rain on Wednesday morning. Looks like it will be nice! If everyone that says their coming comes, there should be 15/16 shooters. That would be great!

Big John

Will Rogers

9/11/2018 12:20 AM  #7

>>>My rifle won't be ready. Gunsmith is in South Africa until the 21st. I plan on being over one day to watch and learn. Det<<<

Hello Schuetzen! Come on over. Love to have you.

I got official conformation for use of the range on Oct. 3rd & 4th. 2018.
AccuWeather forecast daytime temperatures in middle 70º and night temperatures in the 45º range with a slight chance of rain on Wednesday morning. Looks like it will be nice! If everyone that says their coming comes, there should be 15/16 shooters. That would be great!

Big John

Will Rogers

9/12/2018 11:37 AM  #8

Schuetzen ,,, I sent you a private message.

Will Rogers

9/30/2018 9:27 AM  #9

Big John,

Regretfully 3 has gone down to 1 but I will be there.

Going through my shooting box making sure I have enough ball, powder & patching to shoot several matches.

Have a room reserved at the Travelier Motel in Fulton so I expect to be there sometime late afternoon or early evening depending on when I get away here.

Any suggestions on a nice little Mom & Pop diner in or close to Fulton?

I have room in my truck for 4 if anybody wants to go.

Looking forward to seeing y'all

I'll call you after I get there and get settled in.

Carl

9/30/2018 4:42 PM  #10

I plan on driving over either Wednesday morning or Tuesday evening.

What time are you planning on starting?

Chuck

9/30/2018 6:41 PM  #11

Chuck,

I am going over on Tuesday as I think it will be about a 7-8 hour drive for me from Northern KY.

I have a room for Tuesday and Wednesday nights there in Fulton.

I'm not sure what all is on the schedule for Wednesday or at what time it will start.

Will head back home sometime Thursday depending on what Big John has planned for that day.

Carl

Last edited by cking (9/30/2018 6:43 PM)

10/01/2018 1:16 AM  #12

Sorry I'm so late in responding! It was a very busy weekend for me! High school class reunion (57th) Friday and Saturday plus helping with 1800ft. of 2" water line at the in-laws. Got it all ran and finished tying in today. Also took a large hollow oak out of their front yard, about 4" wood around the edge was all that was holding a tremendous (approx. 6ft across) old tree from falling on their house. It sat about 24ft from their front porch!

>>>Regretfully 3 has gone down to 1 but I will be there.<<<
You have a couple of days to work on them some more!

>>>Any suggestions on a nice little Mom & Pop diner in or close to Fulton?<<<
[size=125]I'll try and give you a call tomorrow evening sometime. We'll discuss a couple of things instead of me typing it out.
[/size] 

>>>I have room in my truck for 4 if anybody wants to go.<<<
[size=125]Come on guy's! Don't send Carl over here in no-mans land by himself! We'll treat you so many ways you're bound to like one of them!

Chuck -- 
[/size]
>>>I plan on driving over either Wednesday morning or Tuesday evening.
What time are you planning on starting?<<<

We will start the matches as soon as everyone gets there and settled in. We can shoot anytime after 9am for a little practice then start when you all are comfortable. Give me a call tomorrow evening 573-642-6164. I have a gun club meeting at 7 but generally home by 8. Call after 8pm central and up to midnight. I stay up late.

Plan on shooting a table match and a 60 yrd match on Tuesday if time allows.Thursday will be some fun shooting. We'll have another table match and some other shooting depending how many stay for Thursday. I don't know how many of the KC area shooters will return for that day. Hopefully a few.

I'm also looking forward to meeting some new shooter's and having a great time. Looks like the weather will cooperate. Their calling for slight chance of rain on Tuesday night but clearing for Wednesday and Thursday. Rain won't bother as we're under cover. 
Hope to talk with you tomorrow.

Big John

Will Rogers

10/01/2018 6:58 PM  #13

My plan right now is to leave here about 8:00 am. That should get me through Louisville after rush hour and to St. Louis around 2:00 pm before the rush hour there.

I know I gain an hour when I cross into Illinois. Will have to stop before I get to the state line and take care of my pistol. I have a valid Conceal Carry for Kentucky but I know it's no good in Illinois.

My cell # is 859-509-5027 in case anybody needs me for something.

Carl

10/02/2018 12:32 AM  #14

Carl,
If you have a CCW license in your home state, you can have a loaded handgun (not a long gun) on or about you in your car.  You cannot step out of the car with it.

I am:  In Over My Head

10/03/2018 5:13 AM  #15

On my way. Should be there between 8 - 9.
Chuck

10/03/2018 10:28 PM  #16

Would like to be there but a promise to a grandson. Will be fishing in the Waynesville area just off I-44

Board footera