MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/25/2018 12:31 PM  #1

Yellow shooting glasses

Anyone tried yellow shooting glasses?  With open sights on a rifle (chunk gun) in particular.

All of the ads say they increase contrast for better target definition and stuff like that, but the fact is I don't see many people using them, so maybe they aren't all that much different than clear glasses.

7/25/2018 1:30 PM  #2

Re: Yellow shooting glasses

I think the yellow glasses help in some light conditions, such as gray sky and shadows.

I find that clear lenses work better in good light.

Chuck

7/25/2018 7:51 PM  #3

I wear yellow lenses for shooting, especially on darker overcast days. They definitely enhance the definition of the target.For trap I use red and they pick the birds up well.
Mark

7/26/2018 12:08 AM  #4

Years ago my eye doctor told me of a coating called Autumn Gold. He said it would help the contrast especially in the woods and dim light situations, he knew I was a hunter. He said he prescribed them to his older patients that had exhausted all their resources to see better. It improved their contrast and made them see a little better. I tried them and like it well. I've had it on all my glasses since then. That was about 30 years ago.
Back during my younger years when shooting, I took my old .54 rifle in there and he ground a pair of yellow lenses that focus on the front sight. They also worked great. I didn't notice the bluring of targets and they worked well also.

Just my experiences ……. Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

7/26/2018 12:08 AM  #5

Years ago my eye doctor told me of a coating called Autumn Gold. He said it would help the contrast especially in the woods and dim light situations, he knew I was a hunter. He said he prescribed them to his older patients that had exhausted all their resources to see better. It improved their contrast and made them see a little better. I tried them and like it well. I've had it on all my glasses since then. That was about 30 years ago.
Back during my younger years when shooting, I took my old .54 rifle in there and he ground a pair of yellow lenses that focus on the front sight. They also worked great. I didn't notice the bluring of targets and they worked well also.

Just my experiences ……. Big John

Will Rogers

7/26/2018 12:09 AM  #6

There it goes with the double posting again!!

Will Rogers

7/27/2018 5:13 AM  #7

I have a variety of tinted replacement lenses in the shooting glasses I use for shooting Trap. They absolutely help. My choice at any given venue is based on the type of target, the background, and overall available light. Also great for night shooting. In any precision shooting sport, tinted lenses will help. I highly recommend them for improving target definition. All that said however...
NMLRA rule 9100 governing the Primitive range (where I spend most of my time) prohibits the presence of any tint in a shooter's glasses unless there is a doctor's note identifying the tint as medically necessary for daily wear.

11/16/2018 7:24 PM  #8

Beveldown wrote:

Anyone tried yellow shooting glasses?  With open sights on a rifle (chunk gun) in particular.

All of the ads say they increase contrast for better target definition and stuff like that, but the fact is I don't see many people using them, so maybe they aren't all that much different than clear glasses.

Hi, Back in the day I used to have some specs called smoke and they really helped me with definition but they got broken and I have never been able to replace them  now I need glasses to drive read and watch TV  so up against it a bit , but still in there doing my best .. Rob

4/19/2019 12:45 PM  #9

I use yellow shooting glasses (with reading lens insert to see when loading).

5/01/2019 3:25 AM  #10

Beveldown wrote:

i have used yellow for years   -they make the target brighter and better definition even on cloudy days  much better than clear lenses

Board footera