MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2018 2:51 PM  #1

Lost one of our own table shooters at Bryan Station

Bob's death took us unexpectedly.  It finally dawned on me that I should probably post something here for those who knew Bob.

Many of you who have shot at Bryan Station know Bob Redding, probably from the table match.  Bob took to it early and enthusiastically, was probably our biggest supporter of the table matches, and shot a string that until very recently was the shortest one we had on record.  He had some eye problems after that, but still shot very competitively, even with a huge floater that couldn't be fixed easily.  More importantly, he was a great guy to be around, whether shooting or just talking, especially tomatoes (one interest of many that he and I shared).  We will all miss him every time we shoot.

Below is his obituary. 

--------

Robert Redding age 79, of Versailles, KY, died on Monday June 4th. He left us peacefully with his wife of 49 years, Carol Rae, and his children and grandchildren by his side. Born in Columbia, TN, the son of Ozro F. and Sarah K. Redding, he attended Tennessee Tech at Cookeville, TN and transferred to University of Tennessee before enlisting in the US Army and serving in Germany. He was retired from a 30-year career as a mechanical engineer at IBM. Bob was a man with myriad interests - reading, gardening, fishing, and furniture making to name a few. Above all else he was a kind and gentle man and a devoted husband. In addition to his wife, he is survived by three children, Tammy Hutcherson, Louisville, KY, Kathy (Ray) Sparks, Cincinnati, OH, Joseph Redding, Cincinnati, OH, and three grandchildren, Allison (Aaron) Stack, Paul Roth (Erin) Morris, William Sparks, and three great-grandchildren, as well as a sister, JoAnn (Don) Fuqua, Hartselle, AL. Visitation will be Friday from 1-3 pm at Clark Legacy Center, 601 East Brannon Road, Nicholasville, KY with a funeral service following. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be sent to: Blue Grass Sportsmen's League, 2500 Handy's Bend Rd, Wilmore, KY 40390, c/o Bryan Station Muzzleloader Division. www.clarklegacycenter.com
Published in Lexington Herald-Leader on June 6, 2018

6/07/2018 4:30 PM  #2

Re: Lost one of our own table shooters at Bryan Station

Bob will indeed be missed by many that had a chance to meet him and compete against him at a table shoot.

Bob was a friendly, jovial gentleman that was a pleasure to be around.

I remember when he was first getting into table shooting, it was down at a Bryan Station table shoot and Bob I think asked everyone there about their rifles, calibers and loads soaking up every bit of information he could as he considered trying out this new shooting match.

He was ready to compete at their next table shoot.

Our thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

6/07/2018 8:17 PM  #3

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers to his family.

6/08/2018 7:20 AM  #4

Barton,
Didn't know Bob but my thoughts and prayers go to his family.
Mark

6/11/2018 7:01 PM  #5

Sorry to hear of the passing of a muzzleloading enthusiast. These guy's paved the way to where we are now.
Rest In Peace Mr. Redding.

Condolences to the family from my family. 

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

Board footera