MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/27/2018 1:29 PM  #1

KLR Table Shoot - May 26, 2018 - Morehead, KY

Had a nice turnout with 10 shooters, weather was nice. Upper70's - Low 80's with a little humidity to deal with. Sunny and very little breeze.

Due to a computer glitch I don't have all of the scores but I have the highlights.

10 shot match best strings were:

1st Place Ken Lutes with a 2.8##"
2nd Place Carl King with a 3.035"
3rd Place Don Ross with a 3.090"

Best X - Ken Lutes with a perfect 0.000" spider.

Dennis Human did a great job as range officer, Dennis Winburn and John Jayne took care of the scores and the beans, cornbread and brownies.

Thanks to those guys and to the 10 guys that showed up to make it a nice shoot and a good day.

Don't forget - June 23-12:00 Noon - Wayne Jenkins Memorial Table Shoot here at Morehead.

10 shot match, best string wins a traveling trophy. Money for matches and top 3 strings and best X. $20 entry.

Carl

5/28/2018 10:32 AM  #2

Re: KLR Table Shoot - May 26, 2018 - Morehead, KY

Thanks Carl! 
Looks like some great shooting going on around there!
​Congratulations to the winners!

​I spoke with some of the people interested in table shooting at our annual Mo Off Hand Shoot this past weekend. Looks like I have 6 or 7 interested in coming. We looked over the sewer issue at the club and when it is resolved the shoot will be scheduled. Hopefully it will be soon.

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

5/29/2018 8:27 PM  #3

Big John,

I have talked to a few out here and have some intrest in going west for a table shoot.

Please keep me posted when you get close to setting a date so I can check schedules.

Carl

5/30/2018 1:29 AM  #4

Carl ..... will do! I talked to a few of the shooters and they were excited that you all may be coming. If you can manage, bring plenty of balls! We will have several matches so the trip will be worth coming. Maybe a 50 yrd. match, 100 yrd. match and a couple of 25 yrd. table shoots.
As soon as we get the plumbing problem fixed I'll figure a date that will work. 
​You will be able to bunk in the club house and save you some expenses. Nothing fancy, just a place to put cots, kitchen facilities and bathroom. 

I'll let you know.

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

5/30/2018 9:28 AM  #5

Carl,
You boys are shooting the eyeballs out of those spyders. Still want to come down but will be having another back procedure done on June 22nd and then again on July 13th. At least it's after Friendship as I don't know how much I will be able to do for a while. I will just have to live happily, for a while, seeing how well everyone is doing. Sounds like Ken was in the groove, congratulations.
Mark

5/30/2018 1:18 PM  #6

Mark,

Really hate to hear you are having back issues. I certainly wish you the best. I have some friends that have gone through some of it and its tough I hear.

I don't know what has happened down here but the these guys are flat taking this table shooting plum serious. 😁😁😁
It sure makes for some stiff competition and the scorers are fussing about their jobs getting tougher.

I'm really glad to see so many more strings getting shorter and shorter. Keeps all of us focused on what we're doing and taking better care of the details of each shot I think.

Ken was in the groove for sure that day and had been shooting close all around that X all match.
He finally connected and its hard to beat a guy that doesn't have to add anything to his string for a target.

It was a good day for all for sure.

Hope to see you at Xenia Sunday or up at Friendship in a couple of weeks.

Carl

Last edited by cking (5/30/2018 1:19 PM)

5/30/2018 5:09 PM  #7

Well  if my memory serves me right you was only .031 behind me. I just got a lucky hsot in.
Great shooting by all. Love the close competition.

Board footera