MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2018 9:56 AM  #1

The York

To all that are going, hope you have clear skies, no wind and a safe trip.
Mark

3/19/2018 10:46 AM  #2

Re: The York

I’m looking forward to shooting there again this year.
Right now it looks like rain and 15 mph winds on Saturday. Hopefully that will change by then.

3/19/2018 3:26 PM  #3

Well shooting in the wind and rain beats building fence. Camper is ready, a few things to do on the truck

3/19/2018 11:48 PM  #4

is the FOOLS site toast ? ?  Some of the old log sites I can't find. .

slacker

4/03/2018 7:08 PM  #5

Hello all,
This year was my first time ever shooting in the York Memorial. I had a great time even though the weather did not quite work out for the best. Those that were there experienced a rainy, overcast cold day in the mud. We saw rain, crazy wind, hail, lightning, trucks pulling trucks and a tractor pulling a van out of the water soaked field.  I think the only thing we didn't see that day was the sun and snow.  

I do not know of how many countless hours that go into the preperation for this match. I'm not sure of how many people are involved to make this shoot happen and continue to happen year after year. What I do know is with the size of crowd (even bigger if the weather would have been better) this match was run really well.  A big "Thank you" goes out to all that put in time and energy to make this shoot take place. 

I borrowed my uncle's gun for this match and was very lucky on how and where I placed when all was over and the shots were measured. I placed 4th out of the 83 shooters that braved the weather and played in the mud that day. I can say I was the blind squirrel of the day. I think luck edged out my skill that day. You know what they say, I would rather be lucky than good.

Thank you again for a great shoot and I will see you there next year.

Trent Grove

4/03/2018 8:32 PM  #6

Thanks for the compliments Trent. What I learned was that my capote works better i n the rain than I thought and I need to look into one of those orange stetsons I saw at Cabalas to keep theb rain off my glasses. This was my second year and was as good a group as I have ever range officered for

Board footera