MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2017 8:12 PM  #1

2018 York Shoot

Does anyone have the date, mail in form, or any updates, info?

12/12/2017 11:30 AM  #2

Re: 2018 York Shoot

Go Down and click on shoot dates,look for 2018 Sergeant York shoot registration.

Dick

12/13/2017 9:53 PM  #3

Sent off my registration and check. I think I'll camp this year so I can get set up for the first relay.

2/25/2018 8:08 AM  #4

Hello all,
Not sure if this the right place to start this thread. If not please move.

This year I'm going to compete in the York Memorial. This year will be my first time. I have already sent in my shooting/participation fees. I'm committed at this point.
I have asked around and been told different things about what is needed to bring and how the event is ran. I'm pretty sure I have the basics covered for what I will need to compete.
I'm sure there are many that have went and some that continue to go. If you have gone before, what advice would you give to a first time shooter at this event? What are the little things I will need and or need to know that I'm not thinking about right now? 

Thanks in advance

2/25/2018 12:07 PM  #5

Your own target stand with board you can stick in the ground, and a portable loading bench.  Beverages for when you're done shooting.  Bring extra for the moochers.

3/08/2018 9:23 PM  #6

bkyrdshooter wrote:

If you have gone before, what advice would you give to a first time shooter at this event? What are the little things I will need and or need to know that I'm not thinking about right now? 

Thanks in advance

Powder, patch, ball, in that order. With all the people and everything that's going on around you, it's easy to get distracted. Bring 10 quarters in case there's side bets going on with the shooters around you. It's part of the fun. Bring your camera or phone and take lots of pictures, this is something to see and well worth sharing with your friends.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.-H. L. Mencken

Board footera