MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/08/2018 7:46 PM  #1

Table Shooting 2018

Well the weather is suppose to be around 40 degrees tomorrow so it looks like we are going to do a little shooting for the first time in several weeks. The single digit wind chills have kept us in by the fire and we are all ready to burn a little powder.

Dan has a new table gun, gave up on an under hammer for a traditional caplock with set triggers. 40 caliber, match grade Rice barrel, half stocked in walnut. Bo made it for him during the last few months. So we have something new to tryout. I'm going to look at a different sighter and see how it works.

We are looking forward to the first match in March, seeing all of our table shooting buddies, enjoying some great competition and stopping at Dairy Queen on the way home to discuss our preformance while enjoying a tasty treat.

We are looking forward to a great 2018.

Carl

1/09/2018 2:02 PM  #2

Re: Table Shooting 2018

Keep warm

1/09/2018 5:58 PM  #3

Turned out to be a great day to shoot today.

Sun come out a little, no wind and the infared heater took the chill and dampness out if the shooting shed.

We shot at 30 yards and Dan's new table gun preformed very well for it's first time out. My new sighter looks promising and Bo's flintlock shot well. It was just real good to get out of the house and shoot a little.

For a little fun we finnished up with a 5 shot 50 yard match. It was pretty closs between me and Bo but I beat him by just a little so collected the $3 pot.

Suppose to be 60 here on Thursday so looks like we will do a little off hand shooting that day. Everybody puts in a quarter for each target just to make it interesting.

Got to enjoy it while we can looks like it's back in the deep freeze next week.

Carl

1/10/2018 5:56 PM  #4

You guys are just plain cruel. Today was the first day above freezing let alone 20* and most of us had to work. Between work and the weather they are beginning to get in the way of our fun. Hope to see you all on the range.
Mark

2/04/2018 8:58 PM  #5

It looks like it's going to be a great summer for table shooting.

Steve Brown from the Bryan Station group gleaned all of the shooting schedules he had seen so far and there are 19 table matches listed plus Friendship Spring and Fall. Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia and Ohio all have shoots listed, all within a 3 hour drive or less from my house.

It's great to see so many folks enjoying this sport. Looking forward to seeing everyone this season.

Carl

2/04/2018 11:12 PM  #6

Carl,
Any possibility of posting that list?
Mark

2/05/2018 9:04 AM  #7

Mark,

I'll work on it today.

Carl

Board footera