MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2018 3:50 PM  #1

UK visitor...

Just found this forum. I shoot in in the UK, enjoying long range muzzle loading particularly. We shoot out to 1200 yards with muzzle loading match rifle. Also here we shoot quite a lot with Enfields out to 600 yards.

Most of this is done at the NRA(UK) ranges at Bisley.

David

Research Press - www.researchpress.co.uk - www.facebook.com/researchpress
Firearms, long range target shooting and associated history

1/29/2018 6:19 PM  #2

Re: UK visitor...

Welcome to the forum looking forward to some of your experiences on the long range shooting game.

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

1/29/2018 10:27 PM  #3

Welcome looking forward to hearing about your experience on the long range.

1/30/2018 9:18 AM  #4

Welcome David,
I had a very good friend who shot at Bisley a number of times with the international tem. Perhaps you knew Joe Hepsworth?
Mark

1/30/2018 4:20 PM  #5

Yes, I knew Joe. A fine gentleman.  I corresponded with him c2002, and shared a firing point with him in the MLAIC Long Range World Championships at Camp Butner in 2003. From then he was a regular visitor to Bisley, and shot long range with us. I was back in the US in 2009, and my last contact with Joe was a phone conversation about a week before he sadly passed away. Joe still holds the record for the 1200 yard stage of the Metford Trophy that my club shoots. We now award the Hepsworth medal in his memory to the winner of the 1200yd shoot each year, and I had the pleasure of winning it last year.

David

Last edited by ResearchPress (1/30/2018 4:21 PM)

1/30/2018 5:28 PM  #6

Welcome, glad to have you here. I knew Joe as well. True gentleman. Good to see you all carrying on his memory.

1/30/2018 7:26 PM  #7

David,
Joe was truly a gentleman of the highest order. There are several clubs that hold shoots in his memory but I'm certain that the 1200 yard Metford trophy would be his proudest legacy. Look forward to hearing from you and about the loooong range shoots.
Mark

1/31/2018 3:56 PM  #8

Does anyone know what happened to Joe’s collection?

1/31/2018 4:08 PM  #9

Various friends are proud owners of some of Joe's muzzle loaders.

David

1/31/2018 7:31 PM  #10

David is right, a number of friends did get some of Joe's pieces. Others are in the great unknown as Janet asked me to dispose of them and we did so at several shows and the internet.  He had a nice group of double guns.
Mark

Board footera