MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2017 8:58 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. Oct. 14

Today's shoot featured fine weather and close competition!  Not to forget a great meal of fried chicken, seasoned green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, slaw and more thanks to Steve and Carolyn ; Steve shot and helped run the match and collected targets, and I scored, entered, etc.  

As always, thanks to everyone that came.  Steve L., in particular drove a long way down from Ohio to shoot with us.  And we missed Carl and Don (both being good grandparents), but we also had a couple of relatively new faces from our area to make up for it a bit.   Jeanette entered her first "interstate match" (if my records are correct) and did a fine job with her brand new (to her) table gun, rumor has it possibly beating her husband and the guy she bought the rifle from as well

12 shooters participated, and the top 10 strings were:
Bobby G.        4.1950
Bo C.        4.3510
Steve B.        4.3540
Sterling M.        4.6000
Bob R.        4.6730
Steve L.        4.6820
Jeanette H.    5.1300
Dan B.        5.1390
Archie H.        5.5280
Harold M.        5.8200 

The top 10 strings were all under 6".  Even though the strings weren't the shortest we've ever seen, the competition was pretty close the whole day, seemingly with no one running away with it or wanting to be left behind.  I dont think the wind was an issue (much, anyway), but I suspect the light this time of year is different enough that it poses an additional challenge.  Every match is different, and it seemed like everyone came to shoot.

The Silver Eagle for best X went to Steve L. at 0.063", just beating both Dan B. and Archie H. at 0.069.   Some real pretty spiders in this match, especially in matches 9 and 10 for some reason: 5 under 0.1" in the two matches ; in match 10, 0.108 was only good for FORTH.  

Jeanette H. won the 50 yard "pot shot" match.

I hope everybody left happy.  It was a great day to be out, and we appreciate everyone who came to shoot with us.

As always, comments and criticism welcome. 

10/15/2017 11:47 AM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. Oct. 14

Barton,

Sounds like it was a great day for a table shoot yesterday. Glad to see 12 shooters competeing and happy to see Steve Larue come down from Ohio.

From the scores it looks like everybody was focused on shooting well and from the names of the folks there I'm sure there was a good bit of friendly ribbing going on among several of the shooters.

Sorry I couldn't be there, great day at my grand daughters first birthday party but will see y'all in November.

Carl

10/15/2017 6:54 PM  #3

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. Oct. 14

Barton,
If your weather was like ours, you had a good day to shoot. Sounds like everyone was hot, good competition.
Mark

Board footera