MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/16/2015 2:11 PM  #1

Something New

Seems like things have been a little slow recently so in an effort to try to get things going again. Thought I would introduce a couple of new forms the black powder shooting form is kind of catchall or we can talk about anything muzzle loading related  kind of allow an area where for what you want to talk about does not fit in one particular form or may actually crossed several forms will have a place to discuss it would appreciate some feedback. Let me know what you think.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

12/18/2015 4:39 AM  #2

Re: Something New

I like the new forums and hope people some interesting stuff posted. I would think that with the holidays coming up a lot of people are busy and the shooting season is slowing down. We were going to have a Thursday old farts club table shoot yesterday but it was cold and windy and damp the high got up to 33* late in the afternoon. Four people showed up including myself so we fired up the wood stove in the sign-up shed and spent most of the day talking about shooting and about everything else that came along. I think that everybody had a good time and didn't even have to clean a rifle after I got back home.

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

2/29/2016 6:03 AM  #3

Is it permissible to post hunting photos here? Some folks do a double back flip at viewing dead animals!!

USMC: Giving Enemies of America a chance to die for their country since 1775!

SEMPER FI!

3/01/2016 6:51 AM  #4

Sharpsman wrote:

Is it permissible to post hunting photos here? Some folks do a double back flip at viewing dead animals!!

I'm currently conferring the moderators.  This may be a subject not so much about the pictures but right now it looks like we may if we go this route want to do it in the clubhouse forum.  I'll get back with you as soon as the other moderator and I have a chance to talk.

Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

3/01/2016 5:40 PM  #5

Why not just extablish a HUNTING FORUM??

SEMPER FI!

3/01/2016 9:42 PM  #6

Fellows,
With all due respect there are a number of sites available that cover the whole spectrum of black powder shooting from collecting, shooting, hunting and target shooting as well as the history, as interpreted by many "experts". Many of those sites are very well done and others are, IMHO, second rate. This site was created to deal with one primary aspect of black powder shooting and that is target shooting in its various forms. By dealing with one particular aspect of the sport I feel we we have created a home for the dedicated competitor to come to for the best information available from other dedicated shooters. I feel if we go outside of the limits we set for ourselves we will dilute the quality of what we have tried to create. This is only my opinion and I would look forward to hearing from the rest of you.
Mark 

Last edited by smokinbuck (3/01/2016 9:43 PM)

3/02/2016 6:27 AM  #7

Thank you Mark.
Some folks aren't aware of the amount of time it can take to be a Moderator, or Administrator on an internet forum. The time demand increases exponentially as you open the door to an ever widening array of topics. I suspect that like me many, if not most of the folks on this forum are also members of at least one or two of the other ones you alluded to. I go to those for history, hunting stories, advice and comments on "primitive stuff" and to post my hunt pics. when I have them.
When I signed up for this forum, I understood it's limited scope. In fact, that was my main reason for wanting to be here. I enjoy it as a smaller, more limited place that might attract competitive shooters as opposed to everyone out there who loads from the muzzle for whatever activity they wish to engage in. 
I appreciate the time you and everyone connected with this forum are dedicating to it and will be pleased to see the focus remain as it is.
Once again, Thank You.

3/02/2016 7:59 AM  #8

Don,
Thanks for your input. I hope others will also comment so we can make a fair decision for everyone.
Mark

3/02/2016 8:47 AM  #9

My vote...Target Shooting  only.

thank you,  Don

slacker

3/02/2016 9:18 AM  #10

I would like to second the comments of Mark and Don and like the forum just as it is, a venue for black powder target shooters to exchange comments, ideas and information as it relates to all the black powder target shooting disciplines.

Carl

3/02/2016 9:19 AM  #11

After conferring with my moderators I have made the following decision. In the interest of transparency will tell you the two of them, although they were willing to explore this route wanted some restrictions, the third posted his feelings for you to see. In my thought process, I referred back to the very first post on the board which was my welcome to everyone to join us, and to set the tone for what this board, it read as follows.
Today, May 2, 2014 is the first day for this board. I'd like to welcome anyone interested in muzzle loading target shooting from the person who is just beginning to think about taking up muzzle loading to that wily old veteran who's been shooting since the invention of gunpowder.
The intention of this board is to allow discussion about obviously target shooting with muzzle loading rifles, shotguns, pistols, it is intended to be a place for exchange of ideas exchange of good information there is an area where you may post your shoot schedules and even an area that we can buy, sell and trade in.

In the very opening of the above post, you will notice that today, May 2, 2016 is the second anniversary of the opening of this board. I have therefore after careful thought decided to give the board a birthday present and maintain its integrity as a muzzle loading target shooting forum. You are welcome to post pictures of your various target shooting rifles, pistols, shotguns and other apparatuses which you use in the fine art of muzzle loading target shooting. You will also be welcome to post pictures of those items which you desire to buy, sell or trade that are involved with muzzle loading target shooting which are explained in the appropriate areas. However, to maintain the integrity of this board, we will not be posting pictures of our hunting adventures. Or other items which do not pertain to our original intent. This is not intend to offend anybody. It is merely intended to maintain the integrity of the board.
With that being said, we will welcome future suggestions and consider them in a like manner.
Thank you
Your administrator Robin

Last edited by MMprwarner (3/02/2016 4:34 PM)

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

3/02/2016 9:55 AM  #12

It seems a decision has been made but I'll toss in my two cents so it may further support the creator of this forums intent. I am a competitive muzzleloading shooter. All other forums I've tried for black powder referred to me and others like me as simple silly paper punchers. If I didn't act the old time part or hunt then there wasn't much interest. I couldn't find many others like me. So this forum is what I see as refuge and a home to competitive muzzleloading shooters. It's where we can gather to talk shop on what makes these things shoot as good or better than a conventional gun. Like stated before me, there are plenty of very good forums for hunting and other aspects. But targeting shooting - no where is there a dedicated home for that then right here. Granted I'd like to see more activity or members, but this is a good thing here. And as we bring more shooters into the sport, so should this forum grow in members. Stay the course and do not dilute this forums true calling.

"The first step in finding your game is getting some conviction. If you don’t have conviction your confidence can be corroded."  -  From The Movie "Seven Days In Utopia".

3/02/2016 10:27 AM  #13

Very well said Jason, thank you for your support and we will stay the course.  Keep this a target shooting fourm.

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

3/02/2016 11:51 AM  #14

I'm glad that it's staying a target shooting forum but I would not have been offended by someone posting hunting pictures I would do as I do on several sub forums just simply go past them to the things that I like.

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

3/02/2016 5:48 PM  #15

I love most any type of target shooting, just got back from the range shooting smallbore prone and NRA light rifle offhand.  I was enjoying a post on .451 Volunteer Rifle cast bullet shooting on another forum recently when the moderator stepped in and was going to stop the thread as it wasn't "longrifle"  related.  Bob Roller stepped in and saved the thread by noting the subject was BP, ML, and had sidelock related content.  If it had not been Bob Roller who knows what mayhem might have ensued.  I've enjoyed the open sharing and knowledge available on this board, hope it continues.  I'd prefer to not see a bunch of dead squirrels, but if you want to post them that's fine by me, just give a shout out warning.   jim

3/03/2016 11:00 AM  #16

Don't worry Jim, we've decided to we are target shooting board, not a hunting board.  No dead squirrels here.

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

6/24/2017 10:34 PM  #17

In retrospect I also agree.....stick with just target shooting!

SEMPER FI!

Board footera