MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2016 9:15 AM  #1

Posting pictures

Carl requested info on how to post pictures...I would second that. I tried to post some pictures of a Kern lock. The link is there. You can copy and paste it but there are no thumbnail pictures and you can not just click on the link. If anyone can post a step by step thing for those of us who are not overly computer savvy it would be appreciated.

12/09/2016 3:17 PM  #2

Re: Posting pictures

Sounds like things are still happening and it will be an interesting Spring.  Still hoping to make the Winter shoot but work has been crazy,  out of town 6 days a week. 
Mark

12/09/2016 4:14 PM  #3

Do a search, on this site, for : posting pictures from Flickr.

Using Flickr is more reliable and easier than photobucket, in my opinion. It's free, and easy to use. I take pictures with my iPhone, and there is an icon I can click and the picture goes right to Flickr. I can then copy the BBCode and paste it into my posts. Easiest way I know to post pictures.

Chuck

Last edited by Okawbow (12/09/2016 6:29 PM)

12/09/2016 5:16 PM  #4

Okawbow,

Thanks for the picture posting info.
Will give it a try.

Carl

12/09/2016 6:55 PM  #5

Uhhhhh...what is a BBC code and where do I find it? Not to computer smart.

12/09/2016 8:25 PM  #6

Hi all,

I was asked to describe how I post pictures on this forum. I'll do my best, but bear with me.

I use a Flickr account to host photos online. It is free for the standard account.

To start with: the photo must be saved to a file on your computer.
 and sign up for an account. After you sign in to your Flickr account; you will see an upload symbol on the top right of the page. Click on that, and you will see a link that says to choose the photos you wish to upload. Click on that, and it will bring up your computer files. Choose the file of the picture you wish to upload. Flickr will upload it from your computer. You may need to hit a button that says to upload 1 picture.

When the picture appears on your Flickr page, click on it. The picture will show on a larger size, and you will be given the option in the lower right hand to edit it or share it. You can crop the picture and fix the brightness, etc. with the edit feature. You can then save the edit.

You must have your pictures listed as public for others to see them.

Open a separate window and go to the forum. Start a new topic or post on an existing one. Type in your post and make a space where you want to add a picture.

When ready to post the picture in your topic, go to your Flickr page. Bring up the picture. click on the little arrow near the lower right side that says share. Then click on the BBCode. A highlighted code will appear. Hit control C at the same time on your keyboard. That copy's the BBCode. Choose a medium size such as Medium 640 x... Go back to your post, and hit control V at the same time. That will paste the code into your post.

Review the post and the picture should show up. Readers can click on the picture and view it in your Flickr page. They will also be able to see all the other pictures you have there, that are listed as public.

heres a picture of an old side hammer that inspired my chunk gun lock

Top-view-lock by okawbow, on Flickr

Try it out. I'll answer any questions.

Chuck

12/09/2016 8:52 PM  #7

Hi Chuck
Just tried it again. Everything worked just as you described but no picture. The URL is there but you can not click on it. Tried this on Builders shop - Kern Lock.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

12/09/2016 9:03 PM  #8

Looks like you are sharing a link. The link works for me.

When you click. On the sharing arrow, are you highlighting the BBCode and then copying and pasting that?

12/09/2016 9:11 PM  #9

Tried it several times. At least now you can click on the link, but still no picture on the forum.

12/10/2016 10:14 AM  #10

When you click on the share arrow, it should take you to a box that shows several ways to share. it will give you the choice of Share, Embed, Email, BBCode.  When the BBCode is highlighted, the address in the box will start with URL. Hit the Ctrl and C on your keyboard at the same time. Go to your post and hit Ctrl and V. It will put in a long address that takes up several lines. 

photo 2[130] by James Chamberlain, on Flickr

Last edited by Okawbow (12/10/2016 10:14 AM)

12/11/2016 10:30 AM  #11

Hi Chuck

Thanks for the info. I was on camera roll on Flickr and the share only gave me the option of share and email. After looking at the home page I tried photostream and the share feature gave the BBC option. Will give it a try.

12/11/2016 10:31 AM  #12

Outside view of Kern lock.
photo 1[129] by James Chamberlain, on Flickr

12/11/2016 10:32 AM  #13

Awesome! Hope this info helps some others as well. Thanks for the help.

Board footera