MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2016 10:11 AM  #1

Bevel Bros. Chunk ?

Anyone know how the shoot went at the Bevel Bros. ? ?

slacker

10/20/2016 9:54 AM  #2

Re: Bevel Bros. Chunk ?

I was on the verge of getting this posted.  Honest.

The World Championship was held last Saturday, 3rd Saturday of October, at Wiseacres farm in scenic Platte County, Missouri.  Weather was pleasant - about 70 degrees, breeze at our backs (from the South), and overcast.  Several shooters commented that it was one of the darkest days we've ever had - hard for some of us old guys to make out the sights, but we managed.  Following the competition we had Kansas City barbeque at its finest - pulled pork, brisket, and sausage with your choice of sweet or spicy sauce.  Cheesy corn, baked beans, chips and either water, tea, or Pabst Blue Ribbon beer (the beer of Champions I'm told) were followed by homemade apple dumplings and ice cream.

Prizes started with $10 and a commemorative patch for the best X of each match followed by a trip to the wagon for every shooter.  We had a Siler lock donated by Jim Chambers, a case of Olde Eynsford powder donated by Goex, a DeHass rifle barrel donated by the DeHass', a shooting box from Mike Majeski, gunstocks from Dick Miller, one of Bevel Up's forged knives and many other donated and boughten prizes, many, oddly enough, of a liquid strictly over 21 nature.

34 shooters were in attendance, and the top 5 shook out like this:  Dave Krumme - 5.074, Dave Brandenberger - 5.173, Tim Turnbull - 5.287, Joel Gard - 7.041, Pete Sheets - 7.751.

Dave looked absolutely stunning in his sash and tiara!  I'm pretty sure he'd practiced his runway walk in the off season.  "Statuesque" was one description I overheard.

Thanks to everyone who attended and donated prizes.  Next year will be the 20th iteration of the Over-the-Log World Championship, to be held October 21.  It will be fun.

Board footera