MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2016 7:41 PM  #1

Another Hoosier aboard !

Howdy all!  I've been reading here for a few days and dipped my toes in the waters of table shooting over the weekend.

Just me, myself and I at the range trying to make some spiders.  Talk about a lot of fun.

I can see how the discipline may become addictive.

Wanted to introduce myself.  I've been shooting black powder for 30some years now.  I've shot at Friendship, but mostly local clubs.  Trailwalks have been a favorite of the structured events. The vast majority of my shooting is alone at my range or with a tight circle of friends who are muzzleloading junkies too.  We are fortunate that a few of us have land that we can shoot on any time that we like.

That being said, my main passion is hunting.  Muzzleloader hunting to be specific.  Deer, turkey, squirrel, coyote, rabbit, etc...if I'm hunting, it's with a muzzleloader.  Been that way for decades now.

If not a muzzleloader, I may find myself with a longbow or recurve in my hands.  Maybe a 410 single while waiting on the beagles to make their circle.  Still, 99% traditional!

I'm glad to have found you all and look forward to learning as much as I can here.   Looks like a super forum!

Thanks much for having me.

Best regards, Skychief.

7/13/2016 9:05 PM  #2

Re: Another Hoosier aboard !

Welcome aboard skychief. Sound like you should fit right in. Table shooting is addictive!

7/18/2016 9:17 PM  #3

Re: Another Hoosier aboard !

Hey Skychief,

Glad to see you on the forum.There is so much information and knowledge to be gained from all of the folks that are posting here.

Not sure what part of Indiana you are from but if you would like to get your feet wet table shooting there are 2 good events in KY coming up soon.

The first ever KY State Table Shoot Championship will be shot at Morehead, KY on Saturday July 23.

Bryan Station Muzzleloaders will have a table shoot on August 6 down in Wilmore, KY at the Bluegrass Sportsmans Club.

I think you can use Google Maps and get directions for both places.If not there are directions  that can be gotten.

Both are 10 shot matches with good folks and good food to be found at both.

Hope you can work it in your schedule.

Carl

Board footera