MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/23/2014 8:08 AM  #1

A Little Something Off The Wall (So To Speak)

I lugged my 13 pound chunk gun around all weekend from my workshp to the patio and back and forth while working on sight shades and sight pictures, and then finally putting the rifle away last night.  This morning I was thinking flintlock rifle shooting so I went and picked up my 9 pound flintlock rifle and it almost seemed feather weight to me.  I expect it's because I lugged that 13 pound chunk rifle around all weekend.

Perhaps a new way to work out..... Rifle lifting!  Now that's my kind of workout!  

Joe

6/23/2014 3:10 PM  #2

Re: A Little Something Off The Wall (So To Speak)

I never thought about bench pressing my chunk gun all 27 1/2 pounds of it. However, not a bad idea. Maybe I could do curls with an offhand rifle kind of a neat idea. It could save a guy a lot of money buying weights. My wife, is always wanting me to get in shape. Sounds like a good excuse to get another rifle. Of course a guy would have to have a couple of pistols to do curls with. The more in shape, you get the more rifles and pistols. You would need to have additional weight, I think you've got something going.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

6/23/2014 7:21 PM  #3

Atheletes!  We're pour atheletes!  Where's the big money now?

Joe

6/23/2014 9:03 PM  #4

The big money question led me to recall a post I saw on another forum.  This was targettalk.org, a board dedicated to all types of target shooting with modern firearms.  In their "clubhouse" someone asked: "why do you do competitive shooting?"  Best answer was: "For the big money endorsements and all the good looking groupies that hang around the firing line."

"Align the sights properly on that part of the target required for your group to center in the target area and cause the hammer to fall without disturbing that alignment."  USAMTU Pistol Marksmanship guide.  The Army makes pistol shooting easy!

6/24/2014 9:49 AM  #5

I would go along with the groupies being a bunch of good guys, but good looking !!!!!
Mark

Board footera