MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2016 3:29 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. May 7

First as always, we sincerely thank everyone that came out to shoot with us.  These table shoots have been a lot of fun so far, and that depends solely on the people.  Weather doesn't hurt either, and we got pretty lucky with a beautiful day where it didn't rain until we were all well cleared out.  Steve was back, and in addition to being match supervisor, scorer, etc., he did a bangup job cooking Brats and dogs in conjunction with Carolyn and Julia's always delicious sides!  Special thanks to Carolyn for making my favorite slaw and letting me bring home the leftovers!  Bill G. is a great RSO, too, and it helps immensely to have him.

10 shooters participated from Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia. TNT made a long trip down, especially!  The top 3 strings were:
1) Don R. 2.681"
2) Steve L. 5.208"
3) Sterling M. 5.539"

Bo C. (5.764") and Archie H.(6.113") were just fractions off from placing, as well, and deserve mention, as they have been shooting fairly consistently and well over the course of several matches here.

The Best X of the day was Don R. at 0.0490!  Match X winners were: Don R. 3X, Marvin I. 2X, Sterling M. 2X, Archie H. 1X, Bob R 1X and Steve L. 1X.  The sum of all the 1st place X's for this match is a 1.539" string.  Only one first place X was >0.2"!

There were also science experiments done in the areas of powderless shooting and jag-shaped projectiles.  The results and the scientists responsible are classified .  I slightly delayed the scores and prizes by outsmarting myself on the computer, but otherwise, it seemed like it was an enjoyable match, at least from my perspective, which is probably one of the least fun perspectives at a match.  As always, we welcome feedback!

We will not have matches during June and July, but do plan for August, October and November!

5/08/2016 6:47 PM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. May 7

Thanks for the report Barton! ​It's always interesting to see how others shoot!Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

5/08/2016 6:49 PM  #3

Thanks for the report Barton! ​It's always interesting to see how others shoot!Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

5/09/2016 4:30 PM  #4

Sounds like you had a good shoot and turnout.

5/09/2016 6:06 PM  #5

Thanks, you all.  I like reading other people's shoot reports, so I've been trying to put some up in return.  It is also a good way to analyze the match for ourselves to see what we want or need to do in future.

Board footera