MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2016 7:52 PM  #1

NMLRA Spring Championship Shoot!

The NMLRA Spring Championship Shoot is about a month away now. I'll attend but not for long. Just the last couple of days. It goes on for a full week though so if you have any time at all and you're in driving distance PLEASE! go see some great people, take part in some great shooting sports and enjoy the sounds and smells of black powder! Lots of great things to see like gun makers hall, the museum, education center, commercial row and the primitive side. They REALLY camp out and live in teepee's! Very fun and very cool. If you haven't figured it out yet I'm excited. I'll be competing in pistol so if you're there and want to say hi ask for Jason at the pistol line. 

Keep in mind this shoot doubles as the NRA National Muzzleloading Championship Match too.

June 11-19 2016 at the NMLRA Headquarters / Walter Cline Range in Friendship Indiana.

"The first step in finding your game is getting some conviction. If you don’t have conviction your confidence can be corroded."  -  From The Movie "Seven Days In Utopia".

5/06/2016 5:19 AM  #2

Re: NMLRA Spring Championship Shoot!

I'll reiterate what Jason said. I'll be there for the first part of the week. I'm arriving Sat. June 11, and probably not staying beyond Thursday. 
Last Fall was my first time there. I like to tell folks that during the time I was there, I never fired a shot at a "conventional" bullseye target. I have to accept the fact that there's NO WAY I'm a competitive Bullseye shooter. I shoot bullseye targets 3-4 times a week at my home club down here in Florida, and enjoy it. That said however (and here's the point): At Friendship, I was able to shoot in a number of competitions I never saw before, let alone competed in and it was ALL FUN. I enjoyed the Table shoot, Running Boar, various Primitive events, and of course...my first "Woodswalk" ( I split the card, cut the skinny wood skewer, and juuusssstttt missed cutting the feather...but had a lot of problems with the longer "gong" shots).
In other words folks...if you go there, don't feel like you have to stand on the line and poke holes in bullseyes. There's lots to do and some of the friendliest folks you'll ever meet. Heck, I finally got to shake hands with Tip Curtis and Jim Chambers. Two men I've done business with, from a distance for 20 yrs and never met. What a treat.

Board footera