MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2016 1:22 PM  #1

Shoots at the ranch the de Coon

This coming Saturday April 16th practice starts at 10  a.m. over the log shoot at the AW Coon Farm on

Sunday April 17th there will be a table shoot at the AW Coon Farm. Staples open at 8:30 a.m.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

4/12/2016 3:22 PM  #2

Re: Shoots at the ranch the de Coon

I'm going to miss this one for sure. After 50 years married to the same woman I've learned not to miss an anniversary, especially this one. Hope you have fair weather and the wind at your back.
Mark

4/12/2016 7:00 PM  #3

Where is the AW Coon farm located..???

4/12/2016 7:48 PM  #4

The Coon Ranch is approximately 12 miles Southeast of Rushville Indiana

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

4/13/2016 8:42 PM  #5

Mark,

If I read your post correctly you are celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary this weekend ?

Congratulations to you and the Mrs. That's a great accomplishment.

Looks like there will be 3 Northern Ky. boys at the shoot on Sunday. Bo, Tony and myself are going to be there if all goes well.

Carl

4/14/2016 5:52 PM  #6

Thanks carl, it's taken 50 years to get here. I'mean looking forward to getting over to the Coon ranch again. Hopen to see everyone soon.
Mark

4/17/2016 1:07 PM  #7

Got back from the otl shoot yesterday.  I had planned the trip rather hastily and have some stuff back here, or I would have stayed another day for the table shoot. 

It was my first time at the Coons farm, but it won't be my last.  The shoot is really fun, no nonsense chunk shooting and everyone associated with the shoot did a top notch job making the shoot enjoyable in every way.  Excellent food and hospitality also (and folks that know me realize I weight that sort of thing pretty heavily).

Anyway, thanks to the Coons and others.  I knew the shoots there are iconic, but hadn't made it up for one before.  I wish I could have started going there earlier.

Board footera