MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2016 12:05 AM  #1

HELLOOOOOO!

Anybody home?????

USMC: Giving Enemies of America a chance to die for their country since 1775!

SEMPER FI!

3/01/2016 6:46 AM  #2

Re: HELLOOOOOO!

Hello Sharpsman
We're out here, it just seems like sometimes the boys are very chatty.  It's good to have somebody like you board to keep the conversation moving we should be seeing a new poll the month very shortly.  One of the moderators, Mark has written it.  This being his first.  He is trying to get it posted on the board and I would ask any of you who have ideas for questions we might ask in the poll to submit them to either myself or Mark for consideration..

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

3/01/2016 7:23 AM  #3

Sharpsman wrote:

Anybody home?????

I was home but at 11:05 PM I was sleeping!

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

3/01/2016 8:49 AM  #4

I am here. Seems like a long winter to me.

3/01/2016 12:28 PM  #5

HOT DANG! There's a pulse here!! You Yankees ought to be thawing out soon!

SEMPER FI!

3/01/2016 12:50 PM  #6

The problem is that you thaw out one day and then back to the deep freeze the next day and the dang wind blows all the time!

And you might want to be careful just who you call a Yankee! I might be from Missouri but around these parts we skin Yankees and jayhawks and any red-legs that we can find.

RB

3/01/2016 1:18 PM  #7

rhbrink wrote:

The problem is that you thaw out one day and then back to the deep freeze the next day and the dang wind blows all the time!

And you might want to be careful just who you call a Yankee! I might be from Missouri but around these parts we skin Yankees and jayhawks and any red-legs that we can find.

RB

Down here...if you're north of I-20 you're a YANKEE!!

SEMPER FI!

3/01/2016 3:44 PM  #8

I'm considerably South of not only I-20, but I-10 as well.
It's 75 degrees and Sunny today, so I'm at the Gun Club shooting.

3/01/2016 6:36 PM  #9

So does that mean that you can call Sharpsman a yankee?

RB

3/01/2016 7:02 PM  #10

No! I'm a registered/certified Confederate! And can prove it! This is my great, great, great grandfather. Wounded at Battle of Chickamauga and at Battle of Franklin, Tennessee. Taken prisoner, signed a parole, wrangled a horse and rode to south of Vicksburg, Mississippi...jumped his horse into the river and swam across and went to Alto, La. and started our family! I live on property the family has owned for last 160 years. Pappy Pete is buried six miles from where I live. We talk quite often!

PeterSMulhern by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

SEMPER FI!

3/01/2016 7:17 PM  #11

That's quite a story! There must have been some kind of Louisiana woman on the other side to swim a horse across the Mississippi! Reminds me of the song that Conway and Loretta sang about the Louisiana Woman and Mississippi Man.

RB

3/01/2016 7:32 PM  #12

A friend of Pappy Pete from a community just north of me five miles watched him swim across...came out about a mile south of where he first jumped his horse in the river! His buddy wrote a letter (which we have a copy of)  to his mother telling of this event! Pappy Pete's friend survived the Siege of Vicksburg and was released through signing a parole....as were most Confederates that fought there!

Last edited by Sharpsman (3/01/2016 7:32 PM)

SEMPER FI!

3/02/2016 6:31 AM  #13

That Sir is a GREAT story of one family's endurance. Thank you for sharing it with us.

3/19/2016 3:10 PM  #14

In Europe, a Yankee is from the United States
In the South, a Yankee is a Northerner.
In the North, a Yankee is from New England.
In New England, a Yankee is from Vermont.
It's about perspective,

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

Board footera