MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2016 12:19 PM  #1

Hey Y'all, looking for TN shoots

Been on ALR for a good while, made a gun.  Gonna make some more.  Like competition shooting, and want to get into OTL/Chunk matches.  All fired up about York.

CAN'T find anything else like it without driving 6-10 hours.  

Anybody know of regular competitive matches in the  TN/ North AL/Southern KY areas?

I hope they exist, but ain't finding much. 

The closest BP shooters I've found is Elk River Longrifles, at Tullahoma (Been to John's a lot and the range a few times), but they don't score targets.  I just don't get "leaving the home range" if we're not shooting for scores or hunting...

Thanks

WP

3/05/2016 1:06 PM  #2

Re: Hey Y'all, looking for TN shoots

Hey Wade!
Also on the ALR for a while. How far north into Ky are you willing to travel? There's a monthly table shoot held at Morehead, Ky. I'm sure others will chime in shortly.

Welcome!

Tony

3/05/2016 1:47 PM  #3

Hi Wade,
I've also seen your name on the ALR. If you'received going to the York there'll be folks there that can direct you to other chunk shoots.
Welcome aboard.
Mark

3/05/2016 2:19 PM  #4

Tony N wrote:

Hey Wade!
Also on the ALR for a while. How far north into Ky are you willing to travel? There's a monthly table shoot held at Morehead, Ky. I'm sure others will chime in shortly.

Welcome!

Tony

Morehead is 5 hours from me, which beats nearly every thing else I've found save the York, by an hour.

About three hours from Nashville vicinity would be great.  I'm an hour East of Nashville.  North GA and West Carolina aren't too far as well.  Is all the regular shooting up in the Corn Belt?

I like to "get a feel for it" before scheduling all-day-one-way trips.  I won't be ready to shoot York this year, too much other goings on and too little jingle in the pockets.

3/06/2016 11:22 AM  #5

Well dang.  Each time I get "all keyed up" to go BP comp shooting I get turned off again by the lack of activity in the South.

Guess I'll have to start my own.  Primitive camping and a safe 60 yard range...check!  I don't think I've ever lit my pan from the prone position...hmmm.

I understand that Friendship and York are "Major" events of BP.  Are there any others that I might be unaware of?

I suppose I'll learn a lot more when I visit the York. 

3/06/2016 2:43 PM  #6

Hi Wade,
Seen you over on the ALR as well. Spent a good bit of my life in Tennessee.
I'm driving up from Florida for the York shoot.
I'm not any kind of Chunk shooter, but it seems like a good excuse to meet some good folks and get a little reminder of Springtime in Tennessee..!!!
See ya there..!!!

3/06/2016 9:50 PM  #7

Hi there Wade!
Also recognize you from ALR. I don't post much but read everyday!
I'm about 1 1/2 hrs. west of St. Louis and have had a table shoot or two in the past. Brinkman is about an hour and 15 minutes farther west and has table shoots monthly. One of Thursday afternoon for old retired folks and one on Saturday at the Ft. Osage Range near Kansas City. Go to the missourioffhand.org and look things over.
I haven't been so active here lately because of a few health issues and busy watching over the building of a "shouse" for me and the wife. We are gonna eliminate some steps!!

This bunch will treat you well and look forward to your questions and answers!!

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

Board footera