MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2016 6:21 PM  #1

New to the forum

Hi all,

My name is Jason and I've been shooting muzzleloaders for about two and a half years now. I've learned a lot in a short amount of time but I'm by no means an expert. I find that there is always something to learn from another shooter no matter each others experience. I shoot primarily muzzleloading pistols at the spring and fall shoots held in Friendship Indiana courtesy of the NMLRA. I shoot the "unlimited" pistol matches. I shoot some rifle but only for hunting. I do not shoot rifle competitively. I'm joining this web forum with hopes to connect with other friendship pistol (and rifle) shooters and shooters I may already know. 

"The first step in finding your game is getting some conviction. If you don’t have conviction your confidence can be corroded."  -  From The Movie "Seven Days In Utopia".

2/22/2016 6:49 PM  #2

Re: New to the forum

Hi Jason,
Sounds like you have come to the right place. I'm not a pistol shooter but we have many here who are including a Friendship champ, Phil "Frizzen" Piburn. I'm certain he will be along and he is a good one to question. Welcome aboard and we will look forward to hearing from you.
Mark

2/22/2016 7:13 PM  #3

smokinbuck wrote:

Hi Jason,
Sounds like you have come to the right place. I'm not a pistol shooter but we have many here who are including a Friendship champ, Phil "Frizzen" Piburn. I'm certain he will be along and he is a good one to question. Welcome aboard and we will look forward to hearing from you.
Mark

I know Phil! Good friendship shooting friend of mine and helped me when I was desperately in need of a mainspring for my Lewis .32 flint pistol. The mainspring broke right before the nationals in September this past year and Phil came to the rescue with a new one. I had to fit it of course and shoot it some to see if the power was right and it was a rushed and aggravating repair especially on the firing line at the nationals. I received the new spring in the mail the day before I left. Took it with me and fitted it on the line at Friendship. Took 2nd place in the Flint Agg with it.

Thanks Phil!!!!!! 

"The first step in finding your game is getting some conviction. If you don’t have conviction your confidence can be corroded."  -  From The Movie "Seven Days In Utopia".

2/22/2016 7:32 PM  #4

That sounds like Phil. Great guy and good competitor who would help you even if you were beating him.
Mark

2/22/2016 7:38 PM  #5

Welcome aboard Jason, I'm sure that you'll find a lot of good advice here. I can expand much on one smokinbuck had to say but it's always nice to have another opinion or someone to raise questions and keep us all on her toes.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

2/22/2016 8:41 PM  #6

Welcome aboard Jason. Looking forward to reading post from you on your shooting.

Board footera