MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2016 10:03 AM  #1

the York letter should be in your mailbox

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have started receiving calls with some questions from people who have received their York letter and  pre- registration form. . This would indicate to me. If you have not received yours already, you should be receiving it in the next day or two. If you yourself or someone you know has not already preregister I would urge you to do so as soon as possible. The preregistration cutoff date is March 19, 2016, at which point, Pagie will email me the preregistrations, and they will be put into the system. This really helps us make things run smoothly, as much of the work can be done before we arrived and we will have your target's printed.

I understand that some of you are unable to preregister, registration will be open at the York site on Friday. I would presume, but I will not guarantee about 10:30 AM  (maybe before) we will definitely be open by  12 o'clock noon. . If you do not arrive until Saturday morning.  fear not registration will be open, early on Saturday morning and will close  shot at the end of the 10 shot in the first session, pre-registering or registering on Friday before the shoot helps us immensely, because we do not have to interrupt scoring procedure to register someone. . Thank you in advance for your cooperation. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in Tennessee.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

2/12/2016 1:56 PM  #2

Re: the York letter should be in your mailbox

For those who haven't been to the York, it's a great event. The setting the competitors and the competition are among the best you will ever be exposed to. I would be there but for a scheduling conflict with the Ohio Long rifle Collectors in Marrietta, Ohio. Try to make it, you won't be soŕry.
Mark

2/13/2016 6:15 AM  #3

My registration was sent out Jan. 23. Should I expect something to be sent to me prior to the shoot, or just show up..??

2/13/2016 11:57 AM  #4

Don,
I'm certain that Robin will chime in but in the past we just showed up, checked in and received our target package. You won't be sorry you made the trip.
Mark

2/13/2016 9:21 PM  #5

Don just show up your registration then receive that I will be getting the registrations about two weeks prior if I don't see your name I'll let you know

Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

2/14/2016 6:30 PM  #6

I got mine the other day. Wanted to go practice but it being 17 degrees kinda put a damper on that.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.-H. L. Mencken

2/15/2016 6:25 AM  #7

Thanks Robin.
Mark, I'm nobody's idea of a Chunk shooter. Never even tried. I spent a lot of years in Tennessee and Springtime on the Cumberland Plateau can be worth the trip all by itself. At present, I'm working on a few of the details down here at our local club...choosing a rifle from what I already own, working up a load, putting together an appropriate spotter target, etc,etc.
Here's a question for you experienced folks: I am going to be using a shader. I've been practicing with one I made out of a piece of Sched. 20 PVC that fits nicely on the barrel, is painted brown on the outside, flat black inside. Would anyone have an issue with it, since it's made from PVC...not metal or wood, or something "old-timey"..???
Thanks.

2/15/2016 9:58 AM  #8

Don
In a chunk gun shoots run under current day rules, the plastic shader will be just fine. In fact, many individuals have gone to making plastic shaders. The inside flap black, I think you will find will work well, the outside being painted Brown or some color that does is not reflective will be appreciated by the rest of the shooters, as does not create a distraction for them. I know of only a couple of chunk gun shots that have specific rules, and remain very old-school traditional one. For instance, in the southwestern part of Indiana, this has a 14 pound weight restriction. However, they would also welcome your plastic shader. I think the bevel brothers try to stay very old-school traditional and if I'm not mistaken. They also allow plastic shaders.

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

Board footera