MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2015 2:45 PM  #1

. How are things going with table shoot

ShooterMy curiosity is getting the better of me. I was wondering how the table shoots were going since it has expanded, at least as far west as Missouri has far south Florida  could those of you who are running table shoots. Check in and let me know how things are going no shoot too big or too small.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

12/30/2015 3:22 PM  #2

Re: . How are things going with table shoot

We're still going out here in Western Missouri it has slowed down since winter has kicked in full time but it is suppose to be better this weekend and we do have a club Table  shoot planned Saturday probably will not be a big turn out but we'll take what we can get. I have re-arranged some of the shoot dates that I do for other shooting events and still have a few dates to confirm but Fort Osage Muzzleloaders is pretty much going to have a monthly club table match every month in '16 weather permitting. And we will also try to work in a once a month table match for the retired guys on a week day when time permits. Last year we did a hit and miss where ever we could find a date to shoot that didn't interfere with somebody else's schedule and that's hard to do out here! I'm really hoping that by have a scheduled monthly Table event every month that we might be able to get a lot more people interested in coming out and shooting with us. When we do get every thing confirmed we will post our shoot dates on the forum.

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

12/30/2015 5:51 PM  #3

We have shut down for the winter but will start back up this coming spring and be shooting monthly at the KLRA.

12/31/2015 12:06 AM  #4

Richard has things in high gear on the western side of Missouri.
I have been dragging my feet because of health issues with myself, wife and her parents. I really can't blame it all on them as it seems like I don't take advantage of the time I do have for shooting.
I read the forum every day and try to keep up on things.
Hopefully we'll have a shoot or two over here in the middle of the state this year.
Richard is correct in stating it's hard to find a weekend when some type muzzleloading shooting isn't going on somewhere in the state.
It's nice to see some of the new guy's on here that I used to keep up with on some other forums.
A Happy New Year to all and may it involve making some smoke!!

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

1/01/2016 10:44 PM  #5

Where in W. MO are they shootin' ? ? ? ? ?

slacker

1/02/2016 6:45 AM  #6

We are shooting at Fort Osage Muzzleloaders TODAY if you can make it. We'll probably get started about noon hopefully to let the weather warm up a bit. If you don't know where we are located you can look us up on the e-net http://fortosagemuzzleloaders.org

PM sent

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

2/14/2016 12:48 PM  #7

Don Steele has taken the lead in getting our first table shoot off the ground.  Rick Eberle and I are helping him get things ready.  Since in our club (Calusa Country Long Rifles), only Don and Rick have ever shot in, or even seen, any table shoots, we're following their guidance.  We have several people expressing interest in giving it a try; only time will tell how many will walk the talk and participate.  We've scheduled it for the 9th of April at our range in Palm Bay, Florida.

Don R.

NMLRA Field Rep Coordinator 
Region 3 (Southeastern States)

2/14/2016 3:11 PM  #8

Don,
Sounds like Don got bit pretty good when he was up here last summer. Anything we can do to help long distance, let us know.
Mark

2/15/2016 6:32 AM  #9

Thanks Mark. Like MoleEyes said...our first Table Shoot is coming up in April. This is an open opportunity for anyone with an interest to simply show up and give it a try. The club is the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club, in Palm Bay, FL. One need only tell the guard at the gate that you're there for the Blackpowder shoot and he'll let you in and tell you how to get to the dedicated BP range on the property. We're always open to the public for our regular BP shoot days which are the Second and Fourth Saturdays each month. 

2/16/2016 10:04 AM  #10

The Iowa Black Powder Federation will hold their first table shoot May 21.

http://www.iowablackpowderfederation.net/Events%202016.html

slacker

2/16/2016 1:53 PM  #11

Crankshaft
I'm glad to see that you guys have decided to tap into the table shoot game, I spoke to Mr. Rice  and made the offer to him. If there's any  thing that we can do from a central Indiana. P.M. me get you my phone number. Looking at your flyer. It looks like you've got a pretty good grip on things. Good luck. Let us know how turns out.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

2/17/2016 4:33 PM  #12

Mark, thanks for the offer.  I know Don Steele has been working with you guys a lot on this.  He jumped right in and took the point man position on getting this going for us down here.  That's been a life saver for me because with my NMLRA activities and having recently taken over as the chairman of our 3,200 member club's Range Safety Officer Committee, my time has become very tight.  I'm lucky to get to burn some powder more that 2 or 3 times a month and my gun building projects are stacking up.  I thought retirement life was supposed to be a relaxed pace .

Don

NMLRA Field Rep Coordinator 
Region 3 (Southeastern States)

2/17/2016 7:35 PM  #13

I've heard from a lot of fellows who have retired that the the thing they have the least of is spare time. You folks let us know what you need and we'll get it done for and with you. We want this game to keep growing and spreading.
Mark

Board footera