MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/27/2015 1:52 PM  #1

Bryan Station Muzzleloaders (Central Kentucky) November Shoots

We have three shoots scheduled for November, and it may be the last good chance here for good weather before winter sets in!  There will be a table shoot, an offhand rifle shoot for meat, and a woodswalk.  If you are in the area and want to shoot your muzzleloader, come on down.  Bryan Station Muzzleloaders is located in Wilmore, KY, as part of the Bluegrass Sportsmen's League.  Directions here http://bgslinc.com/directions/.  PM me or respond to this thread with questions.  

Saturday, November 14, 2015, Table Match Shoot  
Shoot off bench with barrel of rifle placed on a rest.  Shoot three shots at a spotter target and this group you shoot on the spotter target will be used to place your other targets behind.  You will shoot several one shot targets.  Scoring will either be best string measurement or best X.  Money prizes.  Any percussion or flintlock rifle can be used.  No inline rifles for this match.  Open sights.  This is an open shoot to all BGSL members and to the public.  Fun Shoot. Starts at 12:00 p.m.  Come early to practice.  Food provided.

Sunday, November 22, 2015, Open Rifle Match
Open to all shooters.  Meat shoot. $15 to shoot.  Shoot a four target match which will be 5 shots at a big and little bull target at both 25 and 50 yards. Scoring will be an aggregate score for all four targets.   You can use any muzzleloader using open sights and patched round ball.  All shooters will win something.  We will have turkey, hams, and other meats as prizes.  All items will be placed on a table and you can select what you want from what is available based on your score.  Of course highest score on the four targets will get first choice and then on down the line.  Starts at 1:30 p.m.  Come early to practice.

Sunday, November 29, 2015, Woods Walk Shoot
Open again to all shooters.  Any muzzleloader with open sights and patched round ball.  Take a walk through the woods and shoot at various size targets at various distances.  All types of targets such as split a playing card, split the lead ball on an axe and break two clay pigeons, shoot at a big bear, a turkey head, and several other big and small targets.   Lots of fun.  This is a blanket prize shoot.  Bring something usually shooting related worth about $10.  If you don’t have something to bring, you can put $10 on blanket.  Everyone wins something.  Highest score gets first choice of items on blanket, then on down the line based on your score.  Shoot starts at 1:30 p.m. 

10/27/2015 5:21 PM  #2

Re: Bryan Station Muzzleloaders (Central Kentucky) November Shoots

Barton just  wanted to clarify that the table shoot is for open sights only? No peeps allowed?
A lot of table shooters would love to come to this shoot if peeps were allowed. Just asking to be sure for all table shooters. Thanks

10/27/2015 9:07 PM  #3

Barton

What's the entry fee for the table shoot?

How many targets do y'all usually shoot at your table shoot?

cking

10/27/2015 9:38 PM  #4

Ken,
Sorry, that slipped past me!  Peeps are fine if that's what you have.   We have had a couple of informal matches and everyone is currently using their offhand rifles, but we don't have any formal rules different from the "standard", e.g. 13# weight limit, except we shoot at 25 yards rather than 30 to avoid dismantling stands and possibly berms.

CKing,
3 practice shots, 10 match shots.  $10 entry fee. 

One other note.  We have 3 standard tables and a fourth bench under the shed that could be used in a pinch, so you are all welcome.

Last edited by barton (10/27/2015 10:51 PM)

10/27/2015 9:59 PM  #5

Ok thanks. Will try to make it.

11/09/2015 2:12 PM  #6

For the table match, looks like great weather this Saturday.  If I could get an approximate headcount from those who are coming, that would be great, so we can make sure to send everyone home full and happy!  Just let me know if you are planning to come, and if you are bringing others with you.

11/09/2015 6:20 PM  #7

I will be there.

11/09/2015 8:13 PM  #8

I plan to be there and will have one or two more with me.

11/10/2015 12:58 PM  #9

Thanks guys, looking forward to seeing you all!

Anybody else -- there's no real cutoff, so feel free to come last minute/unannounced if the opportunity arises, but I think we are taking a stab a the food estimate on Thursday, so if you know you are coming, post or PM me, please.

Board footera