MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/20/2015 8:03 PM  #1

September Postal Shoot

Okay boys and girls, the next postal targets have to be post dated no later than September 30. It's Summer, the weather is better more often than it's nasty so I expect a whole lot more shooters this time than before. Remember, if you shoot in a match at home, or elsewhere, you can take the six best targets from that match and forward them to me. That should help some of you that say you have limited time available and can't get to the range. I'll ask Robin to get the targets on line. As before, if you have any questions let me know. I may not have an answer but I'll tell you something.
Mark

7/21/2015 10:21 AM  #2

Re: September Postal Shoot

New target for postal shoot follow link http://media.wix.com/ugd/7ff034_4d579fe77ff44c3b95c3b05c197b69e0.pdf

Last edited by MMprwarner (7/21/2015 10:28 AM)

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

8/31/2015 5:08 AM  #3

smokinbuck wrote:

Okay boys and girls, the next postal targets have to be post dated no later than September 30. It's Summer, the weather is better more often than it's nasty so I expect a whole lot more shooters this time than before. Remember, if you shoot in a match at home, or elsewhere, you can take the six best targets from that match and forward them to me. That should help some of you that say you have limited time available and can't get to the range. I'll ask Robin to get the targets on line. As before, if you have any questions let me know. I may not have an answer but I'll tell you something.
Mark

How about the 31st? Is the match still on? It's been really quiet on this forum?

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

8/31/2015 5:12 AM  #4

Never mind I was looking at the wrong date and then tried to edit the post but it didn't work?

Richard

8/31/2015 5:51 AM  #5

Richard
I'm sure Mark will be along to tell us, but it's my understanding that we have until 30 September in one of my phone conversations with him. I think he said something about using targets that have been shot at friendship.

Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

8/31/2015 6:06 AM  #6

Ronin's right. If you shoot at Friendship send me your best six. If you don't get there, shoot them at your home range or any match you participate in. Just pick you six best shots.
Mark

8/31/2015 3:37 PM  #7

Gentleman ladies children of all ages I certainly would like to see a group of us get behind this Mark hsa put some effort into it and I think it could be a worthy thing but it will be nothing at all if a few of us don't get in and do something with it. It's a good way to have a little fun and we can all shoot against each other no matter where in the world we are.

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

9/28/2015 7:42 AM  #8

Everybody,
Today is Sept. 28 and I have one set of targets, besides mine, for the postal shoot. I will extend the deadline until Oct. 12 so anyone shooting at Allan's on the 10th can get them in the mail by the following Monday. If we don't get 8 - 10 entries we will probably drop the match.
Mark

9/28/2015 8:48 AM  #9

I have a set on the way.

RB

9/30/2015 8:31 PM  #10

Mark,

Sent you a set of targets for Bo Courtney and a set for me for the postal match this afternoon.

Since the deadline has been extended will try to get one other shooter to do a set for you.

Carl

9/30/2015 8:36 PM  #11

Thanks Carl, I'll look for them.
Mark

10/01/2015 6:12 PM  #12

I received a couple of sets of targets today and as usual I won't post scores until I have them all. But I can tell you all that you had better tighten up whatever you have in mind to send in. A new goal has been set.
Mark

10/20/2015 6:39 PM  #13

Sorry for being late with this but here are the September postal shoot winners:
1st Rich Brinkman .772
2nd Dan Bates      2.116
3rd Carl King        2.390
Charitable fund    $25.00
Congratulations and thanks to all that entered. Your checks are in the mail. REALLY!
Mark

10/21/2015 3:50 PM  #14

My hat is off to Mr. Brinkman. An outstanding set of targets for the Postal Table Shoot. A new bar has been set for sure !!

Not sure where he is from but he sure has a good handle on the mechanics of table shooting and obviously a very fine gun.

We'll keep trying down here in Kentucky.

Carl

Last edited by cking (10/22/2015 9:30 PM)

10/24/2015 8:56 AM  #15

Mark,
The mail arrived yesterday and thanks. I saw Dan at the breakfast joint this morning and he has his check.

Many thanks for doing the postal shoot, just wish you could get a better response.As long as they continue, the Kentucky crew will participate.

Will work on Ken Lutes group over at Morehead and try to get them on board.

Carl

10/24/2015 8:59 AM  #16

Carl,
Thanks for the heads up on the checks. I'm certain everyone who has tried it has had fun, I also wish more would join in.
Mark

10/25/2015 6:05 AM  #17

Mark, I received my check yesterday thank you for the effort and time that you spent on this. I keep trying to get a couple of the guys that shoot with my club to get involved with this but no luck so far. How hard is it to do? Pick out the six best shots of your last match and send them in with money of course! I've been known to forget that part! If you decide to do this next year I'll do my part.

Thanks,

Richard

10/25/2015 8:59 AM  #18

Rich,
Thanks for the heads up and thanks for participating. Let's get through the new year and we'll talk about doing it again.
Mark

Board footera