MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/31/2015 9:44 PM  #1

Hello from Madison, IN

Hello,
I have been shooting BP since the 60s.  I moved to Madison, IN two years ago and finally got settled in so I can start back shooting.  Looking forward to participating in the shoots over at Friendship.  My interests are ML, BPCR, and Shuetzen.  Just shooting anything singleshot and making smoke.  

Never mind the mule, just load the wagon.

8/01/2015 4:37 AM  #2

Re: Hello from Madison, IN

Welcome GeorgeC great forum what kind of muzzleloaders do you shoot? I used to shoot some BPCR a number of years ago now mostly muzzleloaders and still throw a few cast bullets down range in one of my single shots.

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

8/01/2015 7:38 AM  #3

I have an early TC Renegade that I had the barrel relined to .38 cal. with a 1:14 twist. I have a couple of Remington RB's I shoot in BPCR.  Looking for a front loader in .40 cal. for RB"s.  Thanks for the welcome.

George

8/01/2015 10:21 AM  #4

Hi George,
Welcome to the site. If you want to shoot this is the place to find out where and when. You're not to far out to come to Allen Coon's farm for the table shooting and, as you say, Friendship. There are also long range shoots at Atterbury. What are you looking for in a .40? Flint, percussion, lefty or righty? There's probably something available.
Mark

8/01/2015 11:37 AM  #5

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I lookinf for a left hand lock in percussion.  TotW had a nice target rifle like I wanted, but I missed it.

8/01/2015 12:16 PM  #6

Geo,
I have a LH .38 percussion that I built. Really nice piece of curly maple with small Siler and Davis triggers. Unknown barrel maker but good bore. Only been test fired, not even sighted in. Asking $1000.00 plus shipping. If interested I can send pics.
Mark

8/01/2015 3:56 PM  #7

smokinbuck,
Sent you a PM.  

8/03/2015 9:13 AM  #8

Good morning George
As Mark pointed out, you are not terribly far 1 hour and 15 to 30 minutes  from our home club at Allen Coon's farm near orange Indiana, we'd love to have you come up sometime we host over the log and are the home of the table shoot follow this link and it will show your schedule along with there are several other fine clubs. [url]http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters#!schedules/c1dbr[/url] Great to have you aboard. Please bless us with your words of wisdom and you got to watch these guys once in a while you can learn something from. Have a great day.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

8/04/2015 10:42 AM  #9

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes I have received.  I appreciete all the great information that everyone has shared.  I look forward to meeting each of you at a shoot at some future date.  
If anyone lives close to Madison, sent me a PM and hopefully we can get together to talk about guns and shooting or whatever.  

Regards,
George

Board footera