MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2015 9:20 AM  #1

June Postal Shoot

The June postal shoot is over and with only 5 shooters participating it wasn't hard to score. The Kentucky boys did real well this time with Carl King 1st with a 1.394 string and Bo Courtney 3rd with a 2.060 string. Missouri came in 2nd with Rich Brinkman shooting a 1.75 string. Pretty respectable shooting from all. After so many originally wanting to participate and only 5, including me, turning in targets, I'm wondering if the effort is worth it. We've collected $67.50 for a charitable donation but I had hoped that more of you would have joined in. If someone else wants to try it and see what they can do, my feelings won't be hurt. Until then, thanks to all that did participate and I'll see you at the next shoot.
Mark

7/14/2015 9:53 AM  #2

Re: June Postal Shoot

Mark, I understand your frustration. I am one of the guilty ones with all best intentions. I had intended to participate and have yet been able to do so. It seems that life is traveling at a pace faster than I am capable of keeping up with. I'll be seeing you this weekend. I may have a charitable donation that might inspire a few more shooters.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

7/14/2015 6:05 PM  #3

I have been slacking as well!
Mark,
Just to be clear we send in 6 targets and the $10.00 fee per month?

Tony

7/14/2015 6:33 PM  #4

I appreciate what you are doing but it is very hard to get people to participate. I have been involved with several over the years in different shooting sports and you will always get a lot of interest at first but few people will acutally get out and do the work and then it starts to get fewer and fewer people involved.

If you feel like that you want to keep it going I'll keep turning in targets.

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

7/14/2015 7:10 PM  #5

It just seems to me that it would be a simple thing to send in 6 targets from a local shoot that a person participated in if they don't have time to get out otherwise. With exceptions, it appears that committments are made frivolously and efforts to support them are worthless.

7/15/2015 5:20 PM  #6

Mark,
You can count on us boys from Kentucky to keep participating, win or lose and we do appreciate your running the postal shoot.

We have an official made to plan table and a covered firing line at my house with a bullet trap at 30 yds to catch the lead. We are shooting 1 day just about every week trying to find that magic combination that will get all spiders. We usually shoot at least 10 to 15 shots, I had targets made to match what is used up at Alan's and we put a dollar up for best x.
We do enjoy table shooting !
Carl

7/15/2015 6:59 PM  #7

Carl,
Glad to hear you boys are enjoying it. Your practice is showing, you and Bo did real well. Sounds to me like maybe we will have to invite ourselves to your place and get our dollar in the pot. We'll probably keep it going, I'm just feeling a little more cranky than usual this week. Hope the Doc can tell me something soon.
Mark

7/15/2015 8:14 PM  #8

Mark,
Your welcome anytime. The bullet trap has room for 4sighters and we would love to take your dollar. HA! HA!
Carl

7/15/2015 8:35 PM  #9

Can't think of a better group to try and get my dollar. We'll try to make it happen.
Mark

7/15/2015 8:38 PM  #10

If I ever won a dollar from Carl and Bo I would frame it!

Board footera