MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2015 3:49 AM  #1

Old Farts Club

There have been several of us at my home club Fort Osage Muzzleloaders discussing starting a Table Shoot during the week sometime for the retired guys. We finally got it going and will shoot on the last Thursday of the month year around weather permitting. We shot yesterday for the first time and had seven shooters show up and everybody had a great time considering the weather most of the rain waited until we were about done at times the cloud cover got so heavy that I completely lost my open sights a few times that's my excuse anyway. Several of the guys had so much fun that they think that we need to do this every week I rejected that idea right quick. We kept the pay off simple a cup on the bench everybody that wanted to put a quarter in the cup for each target for the tightest shot of that target. I think that everyone won at least one pot with one guy winning three and several winning two pots. One fellow provided a Gold Dollar for the tightest X of the day and next time we might have another cup for the shortest string of the day or may try to come up with some kind of traveling trophy for the shortest string or something? This was the most laughter and chatter up and down the firing that I have heard in a long time. Maybe twice a month???

Richard

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

5/29/2015 8:25 AM  #2

Re: Old Farts Club

Richard
I am glad everybody had a good time, maybe one of these days I can retire and start shooting during the week. laughter and chatter up and down the line. That's probably the best sign and everybody's having a good time and win or lose if you have a good time. You will be back.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

5/31/2015 9:05 PM  #3

Re: Old Farts Club

geat going on your shoot.,do what ever it takes to get them shooting and having fun at the match..thats what counts sounds like what we used to do on side betts at the chunk  matchs. next for laat shot of day we would go to dollar.

dag

Last edited by dag (5/31/2015 9:07 PM)

Board footera