MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2014 11:22 AM  #1

Postal Table Shoots

To all that want to participate in a series of postal table shoots, I am proposing the following:
1) 3 shoots annually consisting of 6 targets for each match  available on the internet site for download
2) All targets entered postmarked no later than; 3/31 - 6/30 - 9/30
3) Entry fee to be $10.00, due with targets to be scored
4) Pay back will be awarded to top three places based on 50% - 30% - 20% of 50% of monies collected. Balance of monies collected (50%), will go into a general fund to be used for charitable giving, range and equipment improvements and other expenses that may arise and are acceptable to the membership.      .
5) All targets will be scored at one central location for consistancy in scoring proceedure. Scorer may be 
 rotated to various people each year
6) This willl be an honor system match and all pertinent information regarding the shooter will be printed on
the target sheet. 

PLease review the above and let me know what you think 

12/04/2014 12:17 PM  #2

Re: Postal Table Shoots

I like the proposal very well!
Count me in!
As I read this (now remember I'm a country boy!) each set of targets to be accompanied with $10 when they are sent to the scorer. If you shoot all 3 dates then it's $30.
Let you know what I think ..... get it on!

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

12/04/2014 1:28 PM  #3

I'm in!

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

12/05/2014 10:59 AM  #4

Sounds like Mark is about ready to go with the postal shoot, or is that go postal. Oh I don't know. I like the idea after talking to Mark on the phone. He really wants the shoot to belong to the members of this board. He has given us a lot of thought. I have put some time into setting things up. It is nearly ready to go. We will be ready to put the targets online in less than a week. Just as a side note, I spoke with Dr. Fisher of Santa Claus, Indiana who while doing a little research on postal shoots. I found was the originator of the national muzzle loading rifle Association's postal shoot while speaking with him on the phone. He is all in favor of our postal table shoot. I think it will allow all of us to have a little fun from anywhere in the world that we might be. Donate some money to worthy causes, and it should make for some interesting discussion on the board anyway, I hope everybody has fun with it. I will do everything I can to support it. Talk to you later.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

12/09/2014 11:32 AM  #5

Sounds Great

12/17/2014 3:09 PM  #6

Count Me in

12/19/2014 1:15 PM  #7

I am most definitely in. I was talking to a gentleman over in Pennsylvania who thought he might like to get in on the action. Also, I think there's a couple of three others in my area that may be very interested.

Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

12/19/2014 10:33 PM  #8

let's put this information here to.
Everybody,
Now that the NMLRA has made us official, let's get things underway. Although it's early and the weather probably won't be very cooperative for a while, if you're interested in the postal match then let's do it. You can get your targets at; prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters. Follow the directions on the site and download the page of 6 targets. All the posted rules will apply and all targets must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2015. Be sure to complete all the info asked for on the targets and that all targets are identified as to the shooter. You might want to include both your real name, and address, as well as your handle and email. All targets entered should be shot in the same group of six, do not pick the best 6 out of 3 or 4 groups that you might shoot. All targets should be sent to me at; Mark Herman, 6033 McNaughten Grove Lane, Columbus, Ohio 43213 and include your $10 entry. Shooters are encouraged to be members of the forum but it is not a requirement to participate. Let's all get behind this and send a few dollars to some deserving charity. If there are any questions do not hesitate to contact me. I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday and new year.
Mark

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

1/06/2015 7:00 AM  #9

Count me in!  Just to be clear, we will need to send the 6 shot targets and the 10.00 for each shoot?
They will be scored when received?

~Tony

1/06/2015 8:56 AM  #10

Just to kind of reiterate, if you will follow the link below. It will take you to a page where if you will click on the target icon, it will bring up a PDF file which you may download and print your target's they will print out on a regular 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper if you were to use heavier paper or card stock, it will make scoring very much easier. However, is not a requirement. Keep in mind the target has a number printed on it. On April 1, a new target with a different number will be printed for the next round of competition and then of course a new target will be posted on July 1, but with all that being said please follow this link.

http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters#!table-shooting/c1bjv

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

1/09/2015 11:44 AM  #11

Well guys, Yesterday late afternoon it occurred to me that there 86,400 seconds in a day and I thought maybe I should use part of those to shoot my postal shoot targets. Looked outside at the thermometer which said a whopping 8° in gale force winds. Decided to do something else with the other 86,398 seconds. So I walked out of the shop thought about starting a fire, went over to put a dovetail cutter in the mill promptly dropped it and broke it occurred to me. Still too cold. Thank God for the Western Channel. I believe I'll wait till it's a few degrees warmer a little closer to that March 31 deadline.

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

1/09/2015 12:20 PM  #12

My thought exactly THERE WILL BE A BETTER DAY!  17* for a high today tomorrow it's suppose to get all the way up to 30* but the dang wind is suppose to blow 30 mph too! Now back to casting bullets,

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

1/21/2015 8:35 PM  #13

I'm in, even if I have to shovel my way into the Range, I'm going to get into this. Sounds like lots of fun and a chance to experience the Table Shoot with like minded folks.  Thanks for putting this together.

Joe

1/27/2015 7:18 AM  #14

My grandson and I worked on my "table shoot" table yesterday.  It got up to 65 degrees and no wind here (January 21st).  Would have been a good day to table shoot here in Nebraska. 

Joe

1/27/2015 9:19 AM  #15

joe,
Looks to me from the smile on your grandson's face that you better put together a pint sized table gun. My grandson started shooting one of my rap guns and the next thing I knew he adopted it. I guess a lot of worse things could happen. Get him out there with you.
Mark

1/27/2015 2:22 PM  #16

I've got a little .45 smokepole I built for his uncle Matthew when he was about this age. I kept it all these years waiting to teach any grandchildren that would come along, so this summer that little fella gets to go to the Range with me and give it try. He actually wanted to go shooting yesterday, but he can't reach the trigger on this rifle in the picture, but he's got the right idea on how to shoulder it over the blocks and I think he's got a pretty good idea on how to aim.  We're going to have fun this summer.

Last edited by Candle Snuffer (1/27/2015 2:24 PM)

Joe

1/27/2015 3:46 PM  #17

They are what it's all about.
Mark

1/27/2015 10:41 PM  #18

Candle Snuffer wrote:

We're going to have fun this summer.

You'll never regret 1 second spent with him shooting!
I had my grandson shooting off cross sticks at 6 yrs. old. He had the reach, sight picture and the basics down pat and won many awards with a .40 cal. long rifle. I loved every minute of it!

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

1/29/2015 11:02 AM  #19

When my daughter was 5 (yikes, that's 39 years ago) she always went with me to club shoots, and asked if she could shoot too. I got her shooting a TC Patriot .45 I had then, shooting very light loads from the bench with a rest. She loved the day she could finally shoot her .36 Seneca offhand. Those guns are long gone, but she still manages to shoot with me once in a while.

I think table shooting is the perfect opportunity for both kids and greybeards.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

1/29/2015 8:44 PM  #20

Kermit,
I had much the same experience with both my son and daughter, 45 and 49 years now, and it was great fun. If you feel the need to reminice I have a Patriot (unfired) available.
Mark

2/01/2015 9:15 PM  #21

I'm in on the postal shoot. Will try to get a few more of the local KY boys to shoot a set of targets too. Hopefully we can get a few nice days between now and the end if March to shoot.

2/02/2015 7:56 AM  #22

Cking,
Glad to have you on board. There's got to be a few good days between now and then.Just doesn't seem like it right now.
Mark

2/14/2015 9:23 AM  #23

Count me in!

Carl,
I think we know some of the same people.

Tony

Board footera