MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2015 2:32 PM  #1

greetings and salutations!

Hello, I'm Mike Lee from Arvada CO, just a few miles NW of Denver. Fortunately, not very much like Denver😊
Some will recognize my handle from other sites. I'm liking the camaraderie so evident here and look forward to getting to know you all better.

I got started with ml guns around '75. My main interest at that time was bow hunting but my circumstances at that time did not allow for enough practice, so I took up the ml (a TC hawken of course) still have that rifle along with a few others gathered over the years. Mostly inexpensive kit guns and a couple kid guns built for the grand kids.

my first few years sorta resembled the inline guys who shoot a dozen shots per year but eventually I attended a few matches and enjoyed it immensely. These days I try to shoot as often as possible and manage to be an average shooter.

Would like to attend Friendship sometime, but it's a long haul.

Hunting remains a major annual event be it with bow or gun. I extend a welcome in advance to any who might be planning a visit to hunt CO. Happy to help in any way I can.

Mike Lee

2/04/2015 3:01 PM  #2

Re: greetings and salutations!

Welcome aboard, Mike. It's always good to have new people with different ideas. If you have any words of wisdom, be sure to share, I'll guarantee you that you can pick up a bit of advice here and there, we try to be pretty laid back, have some fun while exchanging high quality information, or well maybe just information or maybe we just talk about stuff anyway nice to have you along. Be sure to take a look at our postal shoot if you have any questions, and would like to join in. Don't be afraid to ask. Stay well and be safe.Robin

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

2/04/2015 3:11 PM  #3

Welcome to the group Mike!
Quite a bunch you've joined here! I also started with a TC about the same time and also gathered up a few others from time to time!
Bite the bullet and attend Friendship! You'll always be glad you attended while you can get around! My getting around has become limited as of lately. Look at the postal shoot, I'm sure you have something that will fit.
My daughter coming your way next month. She spends most of the summers in Denver. She loves the country out there!
Again welcome to the group!

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

2/04/2015 3:34 PM  #4

Welcome aboard Mike. The fellows have pretty well stated it. We're wll here to have some fun and help each other when we can. Look forward to sharing with and hearing from you.
Mark

2/07/2015 11:44 PM  #5

Welcome Mike.  Come to Phoenix for the Western Nationals next month (or next year.)  It's not Friendship, but we have matches of every type (except table shoots - we need to work on that,) a traders row, and the type of excellent camraderie that muzzle loaders are known for.  And Phoenix is a lot closer to Denver!!!!!

I guarantee a great time, 
Alan

"Align the sights properly on that part of the target required for your group to center in the target area and cause the hammer to fall without disturbing that alignment."  USAMTU Pistol Marksmanship guide.  The Army makes pistol shooting easy!

Board footera