MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2015 1:53 PM  #1

Table Postal Match Questions

Does the sheet of targets need to be cut apart to make six targets or could you use two strips of three
targets.

Will all shots be measured or will shots in the white be given a set measurement.

1/22/2015 2:52 PM  #2

Re: Table Postal Match Questions

You should cut the target sheet into 6 individual targets and yes, all targets will be measured. Shots that are outside of the black scoring cicle will be asessed an automatic 1.5". Cutting the sheet into individual targets will make it much easier for you to place your target in the proper location behind your sighter.
Mark

1/22/2015 7:26 PM  #3

Thank you Mark.

Dick

1/24/2015 8:05 PM  #4

Just noticed this...

Will it matter that the center of the X to the "outer side" of the black on the "left" measures 7/8" and the right side measures 1" (the overall circle being 1-7/8" across).

I see no problem with this since we use a spotter, but just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited by Candle Snuffer (1/24/2015 8:06 PM)

Joe

1/24/2015 8:23 PM  #5

Candle Snuffer wrote:

Just noticed this... Will it matter that the center of the X to the "outer side" of the black on the "left" measures 7/8" and the right side measures 1" (the overall circle being 1-7/8" across).
I see no problem with this since we use a spotter, but just thought I'd mention it.

I also noticed that the X wasn't quite "centered" in the circle.
We shoot with the centers of the balls so this wouldn't make much of a difference on most shots.
If I was doing the scoring, I'd score any shot where any part of the ball touched the black circle. Anything totally out of the circle would get the 1.5" measurement
Afterall, everyone is shooting the same target and the scorer will determine if they measure or not.
I for one see no problem.

I'm still fighting with my back sight. The rifle I want to shoot has a set of Marble's open sights and I could not for the life of me see the back sight clearly last Monday! Front sight was good but the back was blurry! I am gonna try a piece of tape on my glasses this next week to see if I can clear up the back one. If that doesn't work then it's off to a different type sight! 

Big John

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

1/24/2015 8:51 PM  #6

I'm not doing the scoring this time around however typically if any part of the ball has struck the black surface it gets measured

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

1/24/2015 9:22 PM  #7

MMprwarner wrote:

I'm not doing the scoring this time around however typically if any part of the ball has struck the black surface it gets measured

Exactly! That's the way it should be done.
I would like to get out your way Robin to at least one shoot and I may have found a buddy to come along!
I have scheduled a couple shoots here at Owl Creek. March 21 and April 25. If they are attended well and want a few more shoots I have picked out some later dates later in the summer.
They have  just come out with the Mo Off Hand Calender and there is hardly a week end from April thru October that a guy can't go and shoot some sort of black popwder! Shooting is alive and well around this state!

Will Rogers

1/24/2015 10:51 PM  #8

Any ball that cuts the black will be scored. Any ball that is completely out of the black will be scored as 1 1/2". Right or wrong, all scoring will be consistant. John, the tape on your glasses with a hole in it should give you the same effect as a peep sight. If you are having sighting problems I wouldn't hesitate. You may have to experiment with the hole size. I've seen anywhere from a pin hole to 1/16".
Mark

1/25/2015 11:50 AM  #9

smokinbuck wrote:

If you are having sighting problems I wouldn't hesitate. You may have to experiment with the hole size. I've seen anywhere from a pin hole to 1/16".
Mark

Thanks for the advice Mark! I used to own one of those adjustable appatures when I was shooting off hand and it worked then. Lost it somewhere!
The hole at that time was about the size of a 6 penny finishing nail. We shot at a club that wouldn't let you wear them because they said it was an "optic"! I told them the glasses were the optics, the tape wasn't nothing but a hole!
Big John

Will Rogers

1/25/2015 12:38 PM  #10

John,
Our local club said the same thing, optics. They finally relented because there are no optics in the eye piece. Their other concern was that it substituted for a peep sight. That may be a real argument at an offhand shoot but not at the table.
Mark

1/25/2015 2:29 PM  #11

Mark
     What is the correct size of the target Candle Snuffer said his was 1-7/8 the ones I printed out were about an
1-1/2  do I need to make mine larger?

Dick

1/25/2015 6:42 PM  #12

Unless I'm wrong they should print out full size on an 8 1/2" X11" piece of paper. I just ran a sheet and they came out at 1 7/8".
Mark

1/25/2015 7:17 PM  #13

Mine ran at 1-7/8"...

You may have to go into your printer settings and set it for 8.5x11...  If that doesn't work and you have a setting for "Standard" copy size, you should try running one on that.

Joe

1/25/2015 7:33 PM  #14

Joe,
Thanks tor jumping in. My computer savy would fill a thimble, maybe, thanks for your help.
Mark

1/25/2015 7:48 PM  #15

No problem Mark.  I'm lucky to have a son in college who understands this stuff and helps me out when needed.

Joe

1/25/2015 8:27 PM  #16

I use my daughter and grandson LOL.
MARK

1/26/2015 9:47 AM  #17

I have reworked the targets, the X is now in the approximate center of the scoring surface. To answer the underlying question is a 2 inch diameter circle.

Now what I need to know, has anybody actually shot. There's targets yet. If not, I will put the new target up on the website to be downloaded. If I have not heard of anyone shooting their targets by 9 PM, January 28, I will download the new target. If anyone has shot their targets. We will all shoot at the existing target and Mark will have to just do a extra scoring

Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

1/26/2015 12:23 PM  #18

MMprwarner wrote:

Now what I need to know, has anybody actually shot. There's targets yet. If not, I will put the new target up on the website to be downloaded. If I have not heard of anyone shooting their targets by 9 PM, January 28, I will download the new target.

I was going to shoot at the weekly meeting of the OGC (Old Geezers Club!) tomorrow but I'll wait!
This will give me more time to tinker with seeing the back sights and trying out some spotters!
Changing from 11/2" to 2" will make me think I'm shooting at at bigger target! Center is center no matter the size of the black circle!
Big John

Will Rogers

1/31/2015 3:12 PM  #19

John, has the new target been down loaded?

Thanks,
CS

Joe

1/31/2015 6:59 PM  #20

no I'll do it when I get home it should be up first thing Sunday morning

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

1/31/2015 8:52 PM  #21

New targets up

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

1/31/2015 11:08 PM  #22

MMprwarner wrote:

New targets up

And they are looking good.  Went ahead and ran some, so the first decent day I get I'm headed to the Range.

Thanks!

Joe

2/01/2015 11:10 AM  #23

I agree with Joe. I just ran a set and the targets look good.
Mark

Board footera