MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/18/2015 10:33 AM  #1

Hello from sunny and warm northern MN.

I began my bp experience in 1979 through boredom; assembled/finished a .54 CVA and a ,50 TC "Hawken" from kits bought at the PX.  Got my first/only FL, an early Lancaster in .54 just 2.5 yrs ago, built by a friend in TN.  My "target shooting" is a solo thing due to my location,  I bench-shoot mostly - lost most of my left shoulder/arm function through failed surgery in '09.  I love "fiddling" and bp fills that for me, especially with the fl - 17 shots in about 3 hours.  Love it a lot!  I will be reading here a lot.  Interesting site and thanks for letting me in.  I am a semi-retired physician assistant in a geriatric practice - just cannot let go.

1/18/2015 10:55 AM  #2

Re: Hello from sunny and warm northern MN.

Welcome aboard Baxter, glad to have you. I give you a lot of credit for moving forward with what sounds like it makes things a little more than difficult. Having had a parent with significant late life  concerns, I also applaud you for your geriatric work. I think you will find our site both interesting and informative and I hope that you will share some of your experience with us. I imagine the "sunny and warm" days in northern Minn make it feel like springtime here in Ohio
Mark

1/18/2015 4:11 PM  #3

Thank you for the kind welcome to this forum.  I will be satisfied to read and learn for the present but I will contribute if and when I actually know something. 

1/18/2015 6:25 PM  #4

Welcome aboard Baxter always love to have new people come hang around. Maybe you can share some of your witt and wisdom with us hope to hear from you often.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

1/18/2015 7:15 PM  #5

Thank you for the welcome.  I spent some time this afternoon "exploring" the forum, reading various posts and viewing albums; very enjoyable! 

1/18/2015 10:36 PM  #6

Welcome Baxter!
Use this good weather to shoot the postal match going on under the Table Shoot . I should have done it today but didn't. I'm gonna try it tomorrow if things work out. It should be right up your alley!
Looking forward to your expertise!

Big John where it reached 60º in mid-missouri today!!

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

1/19/2015 2:00 PM  #7

Thanks Big John for the welcome.  "Use the good weather...".   I need to define "sunny and warm" in northern MN:  The sun peeked out for about 20 minutes as one snow front moved out and another moved in and warm = + 17F.  The range, 25 miles away has 2 - 3' of snow between the gate and the covered benches.  In my readings on this site, it appears that bp shooting is very popular in MO. 

1/20/2015 10:24 AM  #8

Baxter
I understand that people from different parts of the world, even different parts of the this country have a little different way of looking at things. But could you please explain what a warm sunny day in Northern MN is, just curious.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

1/20/2015 2:51 PM  #9

The following comments apply to northern MN year-round residents - not to the "tourists".  "Warm" -  today, at this time the temperature is genuinely pleasant ("balmy") for mid January at +28F; sweatshirt/hoody kind of day.  We have seen -40F and lower in some Januarys.  Sunny = a least some intermittent sunshine, broken cloud cover.

Board footera