MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/28/2014 4:16 PM  #1

.400 Round Ball Mould

Seems Lyman and Lee have dropped these. Does anyone have a good one for sale? Thanks.

12/30/2014 1:37 AM  #2

Re: .400 Round Ball Mould

Unless you run onto a used one, you will probably need to think custom. I know Accurate Molds will not make roundball molds. The guys over at the ASSRA forum seem to know everybody who does custom molds, so a visit there to post a question might help. Tanner (in England) makes any size. His do not have sprue cutters though. Good luck!

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West
"Speed's fine, but accuracy's final." Bill Jordan

1/01/2015 1:35 PM  #3

Jeff Tanner's molds are first rate and relativly inexpensive. He also offers a side cutter that is ground to cut the sprue off of balls coming out of his molds at a very reasonable price. 
Mark

1/01/2015 6:30 PM  #4

I have one of Jeff's moulds here. Yes they are super well made and precise. I already have a ancient set of modified cutters. Came from a old friend John Carhart of Ohio. Don't know who the maker was, but he knew how to grind them. I guess I have just became used to long casting sessions with block moulds. This is for a 1852, 13 lb, target rifle.
, I am going to need a lot of lead cast.

1/01/2015 8:36 PM  #5

I don't know much about them but I did see on the site they have listed A .400 round ball mold.
http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/scheda-accessorio.asp/l_en/idpr_168/pre_0/accessories-professional-bullet-moulds-block-with-2-cavity--round-balls.html

pretty long address might be a good time for copy &  paste.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

1/02/2015 7:34 AM  #6

Salola, until you locate a mold have you checked with Eddie May he does cast a lot of different sizes and the product that he sells is very good. I have bought some balls for him in the past when I needed an odd size and couldn't locate a mold and was surprised at the quality of his casting and the price was good too.
Eddie May 706.581.8225

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

1/03/2015 9:54 PM  #7

Looks like there is one on the last page of molds on the Dixie web site.

Longone

1/04/2015 5:00 AM  #8

Thanks, I will call them.

1/06/2015 6:45 AM  #9

I have one on the way. Thanks everyone for the help and advice.

1/06/2015 8:57 AM  #10

Just curious the mind tell us where you came up with.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

1/11/2015 5:09 PM  #11

I purchased a .400 bag mold from a member on the ALR site and a beautiful old single cavity Lyman Ideal through a posting at a local black powder shop.
Thanks everyone here for help and suggestions.

Board footera