MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2014 11:38 AM  #1

table shoot at frienship

tell us all  about the wolrd championship table shoot at friendship sunday

dag

10/06/2014 11:51 AM  #2

Re: table shoot at frienship

There were 14 shooters and no losers. Robin put on his usual good party and I have to think that everyone had a good time. I'm sure Robin will be along with some highlights and the official results.
Mark

10/06/2014 12:11 PM  #3

Hi Dag the lowdown on the 2014 Laughery Valley table shoot championships are as follows.
Started out the day with the relatively calm wind a few type through the course of the shoot, kind of cool, It was mostly cloudy the sun would peek through play tricks on the shooters, now again. Many thanks to my beautiful bride. Who input the data, into the computer, of which she did a wonderful job Also many thanks to Leonard Ashwill. who was our scoring judge and scored all 84 targets by himself.
Okay, now down to results. Shooting a six shot string. Mike Medjeski came in first with a 2.154 in second place was Colton Fleetwood with a 2.645 third-place was Wayne Jenkins with a 4.054 in fourth place was Mark Herman with a 4.255. Followed in order by Bo Courtney, Sterling Martin, Andrew Hoffman, Ron boron, Dan Bates, Jim Franks, Carl King, Ken lutes, Dr. Fisher and Mitch Warner. The day went well. It of course was Boy Scout camp weekend, but that presented very little trouble. We had the opportunity to see a couple of new faces decided that it went smoothly enough were going to give a lot of thought to going to a 10 shot string next year. I thought it went down pretty good. Everybody involved seem to think with minor tweaks it would be a growing even.

Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

10/06/2014 1:30 PM  #4

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it was a great day! After all...how can a day be bad if you're havin' fun and shooting!!
Big John in the Kingdom of Callaway!

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

11/20/2014 5:20 AM  #5

Will the Table Shoot at Friendship next spring be run just like the shoot at the Coons Range?
Shooters bring their own sighter targets, tables already provided??

~ Tony

11/20/2014 9:57 AM  #6

Tony,
Yes, that is the plan. The only change "may" be the number of record targets that are shot.
Mark

11/20/2014 12:02 PM  #7

So they would shoot less than 10?

11/20/2014 12:27 PM  #8

Possibly. Shooting 6 is under consideration to help exolopedite the shoot.
Mark

11/24/2014 2:30 PM  #9

Tony
When you ask about the table shoot at friendship in the "spring" I presume that you’re speaking about the June national shoot. I have been relatively quiet and have swore the other few who have helped me write the proposal for the national shoots the secrecy this is only to save confusion as the rules. Since they make change in the rules book they must be cleared through the board of directors. This will happen in December. However, it is my understanding that what we have asked for in the program should go unchanged or relatively unchanged, so I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag completely, but I will let him to stick his head out and meow at you for a minute. With that said, the following is what I sent and in a proposal that should appear in the shoot program for both the spring and fall. The match numbers of been replaced with letters because we’re not sure what they will be, once again should know on December. As soon as the rules have been authorized by the Board of Directors will be sure to get those out so you know what you're looking into. I will put the Laughery Valley table shoot championship stuff in another post to save confusion.

AGGREGATE TS: Paul Griffith Memorial Table Shoot Championships
  (Trophy donated by Robin & Londean Warner)
Match ABC
Match DEF

Match ABC Open Table Shoot Championships
To be fired on T1 thru T6 between the Allen Coon Chunk Gun Range and the Youth Range.
Practice targets available for $1.00 at the range - all match and aggregate targets must be purchased in the Clubhouse. Shaders are allowed. No in-line action or sealed ignition, no false muzzles or rubber recoil pads are allowed; Rifle must weigh no more than 13 lb. 3 shots, 1Shot on each of 3 targets. Shortest string measure wins. Shooter furnishes own sighters.

Match DEF Hunters Table Shoot Championship To be fired on T1 thru T6 between the Allen Coon Chunk Gun Range and the Youth Range.
Practice targets available for $1.00 at the range - all match and aggregate targets must be purchased in the Clubhouse. No in-line action or sealed ignition, false muzzles, rubber recoil pads or Teflon patching are allowed. Weight: 10 pounds or less unloaded including all apparatuses which will be on the rifle at the time of firing. Rifle As per Rule 5630 (The ramrod need not be installed at the time of firing) Caliber: 50 or under.  Sights per rule 5010 and 5020. Set triggers and Shaders are allowed. 3 shots, 1Shot on each of 3 targets shortest string measure wins. Shooter furnishes own sighters.

GHI: Open Weekly Cash Reentry-Payouts of 20%-15%-10%. Rules same as match ABC **

JKL: Hunter Weekly Cash Reentry- Payouts of 20%-15%-10%. Rules same as match DEF**

**Targets for matches GHI and JKL weekly cash reentry: may be purchased at the clubhouse or at the range.

Theodore Roosevelt
“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
John Wayne

11/24/2014 4:22 PM  #10

Sights? I assume that any metallic for the  Open class and open sights for the Hunter class?  And teflon allowed in the Open class?

RB

One good shot doesn't make a match but one bad shot dang sure can ruin a match!

11/24/2014 8:06 PM  #11

Richard I wouldn't assume too much on the sights. 

Theodore Roosevelt
John Wayne

Board footera