MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2019 6:20 PM  #1

Let me see if I understand?

The goal is to have the tightest grouping of shots, not necessarily  hitting the bulls-eye. Hitting the bulls-eye will destroy the aim point, so just slightly off the bulls-eye with a tight group is the goal. Right?  ned

Bigfoot is my frend
When I die please don"t let me vote democrat

3/06/2019 8:16 PM  #2

Re: Let me see if I understand?

Ned,

You are correct sir but a little more explanation might add some clarity.

A shooter posts a target called a sighter which he/she has developed  to fit the rifle sights. It could be round, square, rectangular
or a combination of those shapes, it will be of some color posted on a contrasting background that the shooter can see well.

The shooter will then fire 3 shots on target to determine a spot to place the targets that will be shot for score. The sights of the rifle will be adjusted so that the 3 shot group will be a close distance away from the aiming point so that the integrety of the aiming point is maintained. The match targets are then placed one at a time behind the spot where the 3 shots grouped and a single shot is fired on each target until all 10 targets are shot. The distance from the center of the match target to the center of the ball is measured and the 10 values are added together to make the "string" measurement and the smallest string is the winner.

I'm sure that makes it as clear as mud and you now understand it perfectly !!!!

It is very challenging shoot and very rewarding when one shoots well. Give it a try, you will enjoy it.

Carl

3/07/2019 6:47 AM  #3

Carl,
Well done, very good explanation.
Mark

3/07/2019 9:21 AM  #4

Thanks!

Bigfoot is my frend

3/07/2019 12:22 PM  #5

Thanks to ned for asking this and thanks to cking for the great answer.
It makes perfect sense to me now.
Thanks,
Dave

Every mighty oak was once a little nut who held its ground.

3/07/2019 6:00 PM  #6

My usual procedure is to aim at the center of the bull. Not a 6 0'clock hold as I do on some other targets.
The three shot holes usually are at 4 o'clock.  maybe I jerk. The sun moving can sure make a difference, even with shaders.
I place each target behind the 3 holes, X is centered the best I can between holes, , and keep my point of aim at the center of the bull.
If all goes well, the shot placement will be in the group of 3.
  Or way out there.

slacker

3/07/2019 10:29 PM  #7

Carl is right! … Give it a try, you will like it.  -----And I say it is also very addictive!

Crankshaft is also right ----- placement will be in the group of 3. Or way out there.

All my shooting years I was going to have a tee shirt printed with 4 holes in the 10 ring and 1 in the 8 ring with the caption underneath saying "THERE'S ALWAYS ONE"! The same thing applies to this table shooting! You can have 9 of the shots in a nice tight group but invariably 1 of them will be out in no-mans land!
When and if this weather gets straightened out, give it a try, you'll like it!

Big John .....

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

3/08/2019 5:22 AM  #8

.....And learn to say:" How did that get over there..????"
WITHOUT expletives..

3/08/2019 12:37 PM  #9

My strings would be a lot better if the darn spyder would quit moving!
Mark

3/08/2019 7:55 PM  #10

Don,

I think you just offered up the toughest restraint on any shooter I know.

9 shots done, all spiders and then that 10th shot is a 1/2 " left, that would make the parson swear !!!

Keep shootin' and have fun,

Carl

3/12/2019 12:19 PM  #11

Don Steele wrote:

.....And learn to say:" How did that get over there..????"
WITHOUT expletives..

That would be a great t shirt!   ned

Bigfoot is my frend

Board footera