MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2018 9:55 AM  #1

Table Shooting 2018 - A Great Year

The table shooting is done for 2018 and  it has been a great year for all I think, I know I've had a great year.

Counting Spring and Fall shoots at Friendship I got to 22 table shoots this year and I missed a couple along the way. That speaks volumes as to the popularity and support so many groups have put into table shoots. I have been to table shoots in West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Missouri and have met a lot of really nice folks everywhere I have been.

Now its time to get ready for 2019. I have borrowed a chronograph so I'm going to check the consistency of my current loading and if needed try a few things to see if I can get more consistent velocities. I have seen some different types of sighters so I'm going to try them out and see if they might work for me.

We are going to try to shoot 10-15 shots every week to try out the new things and to stay in practice.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and I wish all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and look forward to seeing all as the 2019 Table Shoot season starts again come spring.

Carl

11/24/2018 5:30 PM  #2

Re: Table Shooting 2018 - A Great Year

Hi Carl,
Well said and a good plan. I thought I'd make a few more than I did but have been busier than expected. Look forward to see everyone in the spring.
Mark

11/27/2018 9:12 AM  #3

Good morning all!
2018 has been a good year! I've gotten a year older and straightened out a few health issues. That's good!
I didn't get to shoot any at all. I hope this will change in 2019!

Carl, it sure was a pleasure to meet you and have a great couple days with you. As always the great changing weather in Missouri showed us how "changeable" it could be! I would like some advice on how to improve our table shoot at Owl Creek. I thought everyone had a good time and thanks to all of them for putting up with someone who was testing the waters … me! I hope to have a couple more in 2019. All ideas will be considered.

I also saw some sighter's I'd like to try. I need a whole lot of practice to get even close to where you guy's are shooting! I thought the scores were awesome for the conditions they were shooting under! It was a great group of people.

This forum is great but I just wish there was a little more participation in here. I'm going to try and do a little better this coming year. Everyone practice and lets see some sub 2" groups in 2019! It would be great!
Big John 

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

11/27/2018 11:10 AM  #4

John,
I once shot a 1/2" group with my .50 caliber table gun. I just put the gun away after the first shot!!!
Mark

11/28/2018 12:17 AM  #5

Mark ---
I once shot a .40 group the same way!! haha

The last time I shot my .50 cal. underhammer table rifle I shot the first shot about an inch low of my spotter. The next three shots were exactly the same windage wise but each just barely cutting the hole of the one above it. It wouldn't have scored well but made a cool looking target!
Big John 

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

11/28/2018 7:58 AM  #6

John,
I know that story well but it's always more fun if a Spyder sneaks in.
Mark

Board footera