MLTSM  photo a3902f34-4bb9-4889-866b-d6c00914936d.jpgMuzzle loading target shooters Forums  photo bb9977a3-5847-47f4-ade3-17c1e6670c48.jpg http://prwarner.wix.com/mlts-masters Email mlts.masters@gmail.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/07/2018 2:53 PM  #1

Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. Nov. 10

This Saturday, Nov. 10, will be be our last table shoot of the year.  In memory of our departed fellow club member, friend, and enthusiastic table shooter Bob Redding, this shoot will be called the Bob Redding Memorial Table Shoot.  

In addition to prizes for this match, including a silver eagle for best X, we will be giving awards for best shooter of the the year (best aggregate of 3 best strings)--that will be the much coveted horn strap, best of the best X's (a pretty cool prize awaits that too), and a couple more.  Remember, you have to have 3 shoots on record to be eligible for the championship, so if you have 2 now, you can still be a winner.  The Best X of 2018 prize is open to anyone, so even if you haven't done 3 shoots this year, you can still take it home with a really good shot this time.  Looking forward to seeing everyone at least one more time before we get into the holidays and long, cold winter !  

Current forecast is chilly but clear.  We'll have a fire burning in the barrel and the cabin will be open also.  

10 shots at 25 yards. All legal sight types and standard (13#) weight limitation. $20 entry fee includes lunch. We will start eating/socializing at 11AM and start practice at 12PM. Our 3 tables are under a covered shed, and we'll shoot rain or shine, but we prefer shine.  

We usually have a short, optional 50 yard one shot (one practice, one for the record) match while we finish up the main match scores if there's sufficient interest, so bring a 50 yard spotter.

If you are in range, please come and join us. If possible, let me know you are coming and how many you intend to bring with you by responding to thread or PMing me. Also, if you have any questions, just ask!

Bryan Station Muzzleloaders is located in Wilmore, KY, as part of the Bluegrass Sportsmen's League. Directions to main club here:http://bgslinc.com/directions/  

11/08/2018 12:16 PM  #2

Re: Bryan Station (Central KY) Table Shoot, Sat. Nov. 10

Barton,

We are digging out the longjohns and the insulated Carhartts and planning on being there.

Bo wants to know if we need to bring firewood for the burn barrel?

Looking forward to shooting in the Bob Redding Memorial Table Shoot. Bob was a really nice fellow.

See you Saturday.

Carl

11/08/2018 2:00 PM  #3

I am planning on being there.Pab is coming with me.Pass along to Bo that firewood is a lot like Sterling's brownies.If it's there we will make good use of it.I sure would like to win that Archie dollar!

If you give up on the process,you are giving up on the results.

11/08/2018 7:24 PM  #4

Don,

I'm so glad to hear that you are coming and that you are bringing PAB with you. Will be great to see you both.

It will take a lot of wood to keep that barrel burning as cold as it will be. I have some very dry white oak barrel stave drops that came from a whiskey barrel cooperage that I will bring, they burn hot.

I know we all would like to get another "Archie Dollar" for sure, competition will be intense I'm sure.

Travel safe and see you and PAB Saturday.

Carl

11/08/2018 10:59 PM  #5

>>>>>cking wrote … We are digging out the long johns and the insulated Carhartt's and planning on being there.<<<<<

Carl, if the temperatures are anywhere near what their forecasting for us you will need them both badly! 18º for Saturday morning and it's opening day of Missouri deer season!
I hope you take that dollar home with you but I'd almost bet there are several others with their eyes on it also! All you guys shoot well and stay warm.
Earlier this week we spoke of maybe coming that way but couldn't get things lined out. It looks like it would be about the closest shoot for us to travel to. Google says about 9hrs for us and that wouldn't be so bad. Hope to make it that way next year. Again shoot well!

Big John … where it's gonna be frosty!!

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

11/09/2018 2:40 PM  #6

Thanks everyone for the responses, looking forward to seeing you all!

Bo&Carl, bring the wood if you want, thanks.  I'll try to have a fire going when you get there, have some dry (I hope!) kindling on reserve.  If we thought last time was cold....

Also, most of you will remember that Wilmore has it's Veterans Day Parade Saturday morning.  Take the right fork at the "Y" and take 1268 back towards Wilmore to bypass the parade route.

Board footera